Can you tell me what this is for?

gerryb

Reaction score
The thing shaped like a spanner.

It came with the centre stand lifter I bought...and no instructions, hints, clues - it's a fun game.

Attachments

• IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 421
Does it somehow attach on the back of the lifter and the other end bolts somewhere else to stop the lifter spinning on the frame in use.

From back of handle to footrest hanger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s an anti rotation plate (which is what it looks like) but I have absolutely no idea why it would be necessary :nenau

I’m guessing it’ll keep a fixed distance to it, and whatever it bolts on to.

I’m guessing it’ll keep a fixed distance to it, and whatever it bolts on to.

No, it’s an anti rotation plate, same principle as the one on the rear caliper bolts for example,

It’s designed to stop the bolts on the foot peg hanger coming loose but i don’t see why it’s supplied with the lifting handle, seems both irrelevant and unnecessary

No, it’s an anti rotation plate, same principle as the one on the rear caliper bolts for example,

It’s designed to stop the bolts on the foot peg hanger coming loose but i don’t see why it’s supplied with the lifting handle, seems both irrelevant and unnecessary

Understood, thanks.

The lifting handle or the anti-rotation plate?

You can’t mount the handle without that plate.
Plate goes in between rear footrest and subframe.
Handle mounts to plate.
Instructions are pretty obvious.

You must be seeing them differently to me then

The pics show the handle mounted to a frame tube on the GS and to the tubular foot peg hangers on the other models

Seems the plate would get in the way of the handle if you look at the photo’s :nenau

Attachments

• CA46CDB8-8097-4CDF-96F9-9A3ED64D4880.jpg
    CA46CDB8-8097-4CDF-96F9-9A3ED64D4880.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 299
  • A4C7EC46-4587-459A-BFBC-1706932BBBFC.jpg
    A4C7EC46-4587-459A-BFBC-1706932BBBFC.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 297
The lifting handle or the anti-rotation plate?

You can’t mount the handle without that plate.
Plate goes in between rear footrest and subframe.
Handle mounts to plate.
Instructions are pretty obvious.

So the handle clamps over it...... stopping rotation.

The thing shaped like a spanner.

It came with the centre stand lifter I bought...and no instructions, hints, clues - it's a fun game.

It's a lifting handle for a GSLC to help when putting bike on centre stand.

They work very well and I still have one somewhere

Agreed it looks like an anti rotation device. But then it's for the water cooled beemer... No?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

How can it be an anti rotation device ? the lifting handle is clamped to a frame tube, it will never rotate .

Maybe it's a distance piece to stop the lifting handle sliding up the frame tube ?

How can it be an anti rotation device ? the lifting handle is clamped to a frame tube, it will never rotate .

Maybe it's a distance piece to stop the lifting handle sliding up the frame tube ?
You're kidding?

Take a look at the pics above... It'll all become clear.. Well ok, no guarantee of that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom