Another seat for the Road King

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Didn't like the stock seat at all, so bought an old Glide seat trimmed the nose off and that was great for making you feel like you were sitting in the bike but pushed me a little more forward..

Have just put an old Police seat on it and although it has sat me up a little higher it is fantastic, so much more control at slower speeds and when coming to a stop and less cramp in legs. Love it.

Thought that was it and she was ready to go for the summer, but alas, put new pads in over the winter and they are binding a touch so new seals ordered for caliper rebuild..

Didn't like the stock seat at all, so bought an old Glide seat trimmed the nose off and that was great for making you feel like you were sitting in the bike but pushed me a little more forward..

Have just put an old Police seat on it and although it has sat me up a little higher it is fantastic, so much more control at slower speeds and when coming to a stop and less cramp in legs. Love it.

Thought that was it and she was ready to go for the summer, but alas, put new pads in over the winter and they are binding a touch so new seals ordered for caliper rebuild..

what do you mean police seat
from the old mode or from the police version?

Had Road King for years most uncomfortable bike ever owned,tried different seats put gel pads in seats had them re made thicker etc,etc.owned Harleys for 40 yrs,just got my first GS,03 1150,should have done it years ago!!

I bought a new Road King in 1996 and put Heritage bars and a Corbin seat on it straight away. Most comfortable bike I’ve ever owned. I was out on it today and haven’t changed my mind.

I bought a new Road King in 1996 and put Heritage bars and a Corbin seat on it straight away. Most comfortable bike I’ve ever owned. I was out on it today and haven’t changed my mind.

I put mini-apes on mine (RKC) last year and found them very comfortable.
I may be wrong but are mini-apes the stock bars on a Heritage. If not they look very similar.

I put mini-apes on mine (RKC) last year and found them very comfortable.
I may be wrong but are mini-apes the stock bars on a Heritage. If not they look very similar.
You may be right, I’m not up to speed on various bars but very similar I’m sure.

Back
Top Bottom