Mechanic in Carlow

slevin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently moved to Carlow from Cork so don't know of any mechanics. I used use kearys but for the last 2 years Jimmy ellis has looked after me. I am looking for someone for a few small jobs to be done on my 1150 adventure before I put it up for sale. Just wondering does anyone have any recommendations? And is anyone looking to buy a 1150 adventure?😄

Thanks!
Steven.

And is anyone looking to buy a 1150 adventure?

It depends, which one is it, condition milaege, price and what are you having to get done

+1 for AMI

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What year and model is your 1150? I know a guy looking for one.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Hey Johnny! Apologies just seen this. Its 2002 adventure single spark and non servo.

It had €850 euro spent recently but still needs a few jobs doing. The front brake pads are still squeaking after getting new pads and when I got it back the speedo had stopped working. The other thing is the left indicator started playing up the last time i was out on it. Also abs is currently not working. I am hoping this is due to the battery just needing to be charged up.

Its only done a few hundred miles since all fluids changed,adjusted valves clearances, new tyres and front brake pads.

Its starting to look tired in a few places with corrosion and general wear as it was used as myself and my wifes only form of transport.

I have owned it 4 years nearly and it's never let me down.

Mileage is 75000 miles iirc and looking for €3200 as is.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Also I will check back on this regularly and apologies for the late response.

Thanks,
Steven.

Hey Neil!

Please see my response to Johnny for all the information.

Thanks,
Steven.

Photo for anyone interested.

Attachments

• 20210316_172331.jpg
    20210316_172331.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 117
I've got a spare microswitch for the indicator here if you need, bought a couple as spares years ago. (thanks GerryC)
Just recently sorted my speedo issue with an 02 model 1150 as well. Cable is about €15 from Germany. Speedo drive OE from The local BMW car dealership was €80 including vat collected. Cable was fine, turned out that the spiral bit in the drive was goosed.

Hey Bsd, thanks so much for the advice and the offer. I will check 1st to see what exactly is wrong and then I will get back to you. Thanks again bsd.

Back
Top Bottom