1150 gsa W507 AOT

Alwaysawayround

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Trying some research :

Reg W507AOT

Have you been an owner of this GSA?

I'm going to view this bike, seller states clocks are at 47k but looking at MOT history it's been building up to the 97k MARK then the last mot states 47k miles.

The issue now besides clocks being possibly swapped is the bikes mint, no service history and previous 10 owners.

I'm probably answering my own question aren't I. So just trying to see if anyone can shed any light on this one...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

Trying some research :

Reg W507AOT

Have you been an owner of this GSA?

I'm going to view this bike, seller states clocks are at 47k but looking at MOT history it's been building up to the 97k MARK then the last mot states 47k miles.

The issue now besides clocks being possibly swapped is the bikes mint, no service history and previous 10 owners.

I'm probably answering my own question aren't I. So just trying to see if anyone can shed any light on this one...

The mot will only say the mileage on the clocks, so I would guess the clocks have been changed at some point. I had to change the speddo on my Bonneville when the needle snapped. I told them when it was MOTd and the guy just said 'we have to write whatever is on the clocks'.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

They weren’t making GSA’s with a ‘W’ Reg so it’s been changed at some time, from memory the GSA came out in 2002 or 2003, others on this forum will know better. 10 owner bike on a strange Reg. with 97,000+ Miles and no service history. Must be very cheap !!

Well, with that kind of history or lack of I can't afford to take the plunge I think, it's a shame as sooner of the previous owners have really made it look great. It's a twin spark, ABS none servo (apparently), which I thought a 2000 was single spark servo ABS. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will know better.

Seller bought it before lockdown, preferred motorcross so now selling it on.

Looks great doesn't she.
1e10d090215b1a0bdf5ca7c3b83a0572.jpg
27b277d30e54f0696fdc0a191cdc4d8d.jpg
65d0884cf085142df4e054b24d073e3a.jpg
964876cdc31bac6dd50b8228ba3ae165.jpg

It’s a 2003 onward twinspark with servo ABS (however the ABS may have been removed)
The W plate might be a private reg
It might be a 2000 bike frame on the other hand - mated into the back end and engine of a later 2003 twinspark

No Twin Spark in 2000, no GSA’s either.

As Geoff said First GSA build July 2001

Twin Spark GSA were 2003 on and were likely to have Servo ABS

The last of run Single 2002 GS GSA "may have had Servo ABS " depending on build date Usually Post September bikes

If you can verify the parts aren't off a stolen Bike ???

Nice enough looking machine

The beauty of an 1150 is not in its looks

The beauty is in the fact you can fix every bit of it before the P.O.S. 1200Hex heads came along

It’s a 2003 onward twinspark with servo ABS (however the ABS may have been removed)
The W plate might be a private reg
It might be a 2000 bike frame on the other hand - mated into the back end and engine of a later 2003 twinspark

Cheers Johnny, that sounds quite likely. If it's all been swapped over and mated, it could've had a new engine in then, what a shame it has no history.

The unusual paint job might usually be an advantage - in this instance I think it adds to the uncertainty.

It looks good, haggle hard and ride it like you stole it... Enjoy

£3.1k

RUN Don't walk!! Some eejit will pay it

Did you look at Jeff Ormston's 1150 GS for sale ??

If I had the available shekels I would have that and fit a Big tank and maybe suspension I know a few with WELL over 150K on them now and still mostly as factory except clutches and shocks and clutch hoses

The unusual paint job might usually be an advantage - in this instance I think it adds to the uncertainty.
Yes I know, it's friggen annoying
Even 100k my old one was 80k and still was strong as an Ox but flashy lights and 1200cc hooked me in temporarily

RUN Don't walk!! Some eejit will pay it

Did you look at Jeff Ormston's 1150 GS for sale ??

If I had the available shekels I would have that and fit a Big tank and maybe suspension I know a few with WELL over 150K on them now and still mostly as factory except clutches and shocks and clutch hoses
Yes I saw Jeff's, it looks fantastic and I doubt many newer models would look that well after nearly 4 trips around the World.

But my 100mile commute means I'd rather put up a little more and get a lower mileage and I want the bigger range on GSA, even though I'm in that camp of thinking that engines are better with oil going around then a 20 Yr old with 11k miles etc

Cheers lads

First GSA build July 2001

It wasn’t
Bike was officially launched in Sept 2001, as a pre production, new Adventure model (but finished bike) at the Milan bike show (I was there)
First 1150 GS Adv bikes were released in Spring 2002 and were single spark with or without ABS (no Servo)
From September 2002 the whole 1150 GS range moved to Twinspark & with or without ABS (now Servo assisted power braking, like the 1150RT from 2001)

But my 100mile commute means I'd rather put up a little more and get a lower mileage and I want the bigger range on GSA, even though I'm in that camp of thinking that engines are better with oil going around then a 20 Yr old with 11k miles etc

So you buy Jeffs and you service it EVERY 6000 miles Just decent 20W50 oil and filters and you just rack up the miles and it doesn;t matter that you are racking up miles because its already high miles ??? See whee I am going with this

Buy a garage queen with low miles and you will schit yourself after 6 months at how many miles you have put on the bike!!

With Jeffs Not so much anguish! It will earn its keep all you have to do is do an oil change every 6000 for the price of a Litre of GL5 gear oil I would do engine and transmission oils every service and plugs every other service

There are a LOAD of these with over 150K and Hank in the states was last seen with 450K miles on his

Look after it and It will look after you :thumb

Back
Top Bottom