GS1200 GSA Surging

My 2015 GSA used to surge sometimes. Low speed 2nd gear.
The last few software updates when I had the bike cleaned up most of it.

Sound interesting, I have gs911 can you please explain more what you do. :beerjug:

I just went through all the pages of the 911 program on my PC and did any adaptations. One of them was mixture and another was throttle bodies I think . . As I say it’s transformed the bike and it goes like stink now

I just went through all the pages of the 911 program on my PC and did any adaptations. One of them was mixture and another was throttle bodies I think . . As I say it’s transformed the bike and it goes like stink now

Super, my bike is running good with afxied, but will look at this also many thanks.

I run my AF-Xied on setting 8 since fitting the decat headers, on the OEM headers it ran ok on setting 7, but much better now on 8 with the decated headers. I was a curious to know if it was running too rich after the change, so whilst I was doing the valve check I had a good look at the plugs, and was pleased to see that they were a lovely beige colour. The bike is a 2015 GS.

I'm interested to know if the 911 will show me what the air fuel mixture is now, does anyone know ?

Service

I am going to contact BMW and see if a service is needed and see if any updates are due.
I also have a 2004 GSA and that runs like silk, I thought things were supposed to progress with a manufacturer not go backwards.
Anyhow I found out yesterday that we are moving working premises and the new GSA won’t fit through the rear gate so I might have to find something thinner or leave the bike on the street in SW14 .... I don’t think so, I am not loosing another one 🏍

I run my AF-Xied on setting 8 since fitting the decat headers, on the OEM headers it ran ok on setting 7, but much better now on 8 with the decated headers. I was a curious to know if it was running too rich after the change, so whilst I was doing the valve check I had a good look at the plugs, and was pleased to see that they were a lovely beige colour. The bike is a 2015 GS.

I'm interested to know if the 911 will show me what the air fuel mixture is now, does anyone know ?

No, it will not. It will show hi or low, i.e richer or leaner than 14,7

Your bike has a narrow band O2 sensor, and the O2 sensor only informs the ECU about two options: Richer than 14,7 or leaner than 14,7.

When O2 reports 'leaner than' ECU ads a bit of fuel, until it reach the 'richer than', upon where ECU reverses and leans the fuel slightly, on so it goes, on and on...

Thank you for your reply KnutK, I know from reading many threads on the AF-Xied, that you have a lot of knowledge on the subject. You have probably saved me a lot of fruitless searching.....:thumb

Question I do not have answer, does software update at BMW make AF-xied go to original setting like when first installed, I get new software every year for moment. :confused:

Sound interesting, I have gs911 can you please explain more what you do. :beerjug:

Doesn't do what he thinks it does. The lambda sensors average values get stored in the bike and when you clear them it starts with a base map below around 4000rpm. It will just revert back again over time. His claims are laughable..."bike goes like stink now"....hahahaha

I'll let you google what a lambda sensor does

Question I do not have answer, does software update at BMW make AF-xied go to original setting like when first installed, I get new software every year for moment. :confused:

If your ECU software gets updated, the adaptive values gets cleared, and needs to be rebuilt. This is done automatically, and no further action will be required by the rider.
The setting of the AF-XIED will not be affected.
However, due to the cleared out adaption values, in worst case you may feel the engine being running a bit rough for a short while, but probably not.

If your ECU software gets updated, the adaptive values gets cleared, and needs to be rebuilt. This is done automatically, and no further action will be required by the rider.
The setting of the AF-XIED will not be affected.
However, due to the cleared out adaption values, in worst case you may feel the engine being running a bit rough for a short while, but probably not.

Yes thank you, it was my thinking also, now I am sure, and anyway normally only 1 tank of fuel and all is running like before, much better with af-xied, sadly not in UK to lend af-xied to original poster to help his problems.

Back
Top Bottom