Thoughts on a force ten mk3 for solo tours

Captain Scott called. He’d like his tent back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fabulous!!! Is that pole "sleeve" to go where the inner tent hooks onto the ridge pole? I always thought it was! Lovely tent!

Looks great, spent many nights in one though not for many years. I must get mine out and see if it is still useable.

In 1978 I went round Ireland with a mate on the back of my CB400F and another mate on his Z200, took my Vango Force 10 and it did the job. It also came to Crete when I worked on an olive farm then up the Nile. Great solid tent.

The sleeve is to protect the pole as suggested.

I wondered what that was for,:D
I just assumed it was a repair section

If it’s the bit I think it is then you’re right, it’s a repair piece. There should have been a small cotton bag in there with the rest of the tent that contained the repair kit keeping it separate from the rest.

Had a Force Ten Mk 4 for decades - brilliant tent but a bit OTT for solo bike use.
Old school, reliable, easy to erect, what more do you want?

Had a Force Ten Mk 4 for decades - brilliant tent but a bit OTT for solo bike use.
Old school, reliable, easy to erect, what more do you want?

some where to put yer gear out the way ..thats the only thing that puts me off getting one ..no porch space ,especially with the G/F and her bike gear and stuff ..

https://www.defender2.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11669/vango+pitching+instructions.pdf

These are the pitching instructions (uploaded mine for you)...says to use the sleeve (aka repair piece) where the inner centre connects to the ridge...Just in case it helps :)

Position short sleeve to centre of ridge pole, then attach plastic clip on inner to sleeve.

It's worth buying and carrying a spare "A Piece" - I had one break a while back (the plastic part cracked), so I carry a spare now... It may not have been damaged in use, probably trodden on or similar:
https://www.sportswarehouse.co.uk/vango-force-ten-classic-apex-piece

some where to put yer gear out the way ..thats the only thing that puts me off getting one ..no porch space ,especially with the G/F and her bike gear and stuff ..

Plenty of room in the Mk4 for 2 plus gear. The Mk4 is rated by Vango as a 3-man, plus it has the "bell end" (oooh errr vicar) at the back, so you can store stuff there, as well as the porch for boots and panniers

My wife and I have used a MK4 to go to a winter rally and had more than enough room for all her clutter and still be able to make a coffee in the morning :D

I’m sure my MK4 and an earlier A frame Vango I had previously came with spare A pieces though the old one had a fabricated part rather than the more modern plastic ones.

They used to do a double length fly sheet, but not any more it seems.

Back
Top Bottom