Rear tyre choice

davy1100

Reaction score
Cant get hold of road 5 so been looking at Bridgestone a 41 or metz road tec 01 want 1 that has good wet grip and decent miles out of it all advice welcome it on 2016 gs 1200 cheers

I had a41s on mine from new as oem fitment.
They were goodish up to 4k miles then the front went pointy and the rear vague, and were a disaster in the wet!
Even tho there looked to be a good 1k left in them I chucked them for conti trail attack2 which I had found excellent over 5 years of use on my previous bike a ktm 1290

FWIW, of coures, tyres are a perrenial issue on here!

FWIW, of coures, tyres are a perrenial issue on here![/QUOTE]

Not only that, but it keeps re occurring.

Its got conti road attack 3 I think on at minute but rear is squared off at minute the roadtec seem to be winning

road 5 first choice roadtech 01 2nd only tyres i will fit

I have Roadtec 01's on my R2150GS and love them, to date have always been a Michelin fan, but I find the Roadtec 01's as good - and for me give a few more miles than my last rear PR5 did, but TBH, there is very little between them. Maybe its riding style, but I find the Roadtec's give just a little more mileage for the same grip

Avon Trailriders. Confidence-inspiring; I'm 5000 miles in and still got plenty of tread left on the rear. Front tyre has 11,000 miles on and still going strong, probably do another 2000 or so before needs replacing.

had anakee adventures when the bike was new they are ok but much better tyres out there now,road 5 is hard to beat on dry and wet grip,although they are in short supply,another advantage with michelin is i think they are the only manufacturer who approves puncture repairs depending on speed rating,the gs sizes are fine in fact i had mine repaired this morning

Continental Trail Attack 3. Grip very well and consistantly through their life, grip as well as but outlast PR5 and Roadtec 01.
No reason not to use them.

Continental Trail Attack 3. Grip very well and consistantly through their life, grip as well as but outlast PR5 and Roadtec 01.
No reason not to use them.

Plus1 on that 👍 Got a set of M9RR Trail in order so let’s see what happens .

And another for the Conti Trail attack 3, the best tyre for Grip IMHO.

Avon Trailriders. Confidence-inspiring; I'm 5000 miles in and still got plenty of tread left on the rear. Front tyre has 11,000 miles on and still going strong, probably do another 2000 or so before needs replacing.

Brilliant wet or dry and very good for mileage. A lot lot better than A41 all round.

Had roadtec01 on previous 1200gs, then had pr5 on the 1250gs, now have continued TA3 on the 1250....
All great tyres. Only had the TA on for a few miles so far, but happy with how they grip and turn in.

You won’t go wrong with any of the above I recon (but I’m not an expert)

Bubb

Its got conti road attack 3 I think on at minute but rear is squared off at minute the roadtec seem to be winning

I struggled to find a rear TA3 in time for a trip to Scotland in September, so fitted a TA2 and it works really well with the TA3 front :beerjug:

When I had my 1050 tiger I asked about the conti attacks and fella said they are for lighter bikes they come standard on 701 huskys think they wear to quick on heavier bikes

When I had my 1050 tiger I asked about the conti attacks and fella said they are for lighter bikes they come standard on 701 huskys think they wear to quick on heavier bikes

The conti TA3 will oulast the PR5 and the R tec 01 by quite a margin, another 1500mls for me, and they have been the slowest to square off. They are fitted OE on the 1290 ADV I believe.

Back
Top Bottom