Off Road Riding Schools / Tuition

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m no novice off road having done motorcross in my youth and quite a lot of green lane riding ( on lightweight bikes ) but do these riding schools let you take a fully kitted up 1150 on their courses? :nenau. By that I mean with full camping gear.
I looked on the ABW website for one and it says you can use your own bike but does anyone know if that means at full weight? I can’t ring them yet because it’s early Sunday morning.

Bring your bike up to Wales and I'll take you out.

Came across this bike and a load of trail bikes parked up near a refreshment box, Ystrad Fflur, Pontrhydfendigaid...... anyone’s on here, bit of a dent in the tank 😳

Attachments

• 3D76E0E2-E238-4E4C-ACF4-79A5693B3C5B.jpg
    3D76E0E2-E238-4E4C-ACF4-79A5693B3C5B.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 136
I’m no novice off road having done motorcross in my youth and quite a lot of green lane riding ( on lightweight bikes ) but do these riding schools let you take a fully kitted up 1150 on their courses? :nenau. By that I mean with full camping gear.
I looked on the ABW website for one and it says you can use your own bike but does anyone know if that means at full weight? I can’t ring them yet because it’s early Sunday morning.

Prior to Iceland and often Morocco trips etc there's a weekend where we all get together for a shake down ride.
I'd strongly advise to practice and practice to ride your GS on gentle tracks before even thinking of riding one loaded up.
Get it wrong and heavy bikes will break your ankles.
During the big bike trips in Iceland it's rare there's any particularly diffucult riding whilst the bikes are loaded as I'll try to use those routes whilst leaving everything at the camp.

Bring your bike up to Wales and I'll take you out.

Brilliant offer thanks. :thumb2 I need to get Mikeboy to sort a few things first and I’ll definitely take you up on that.

Back
Top Bottom