Help re what the frame looks like on a R1200GS 2017 Rallye under the protector

GSRiderdotcom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys

I've just bought an adapter for a Bursig stand which normally slots into a bike frame to allow the bike to be lifted by the frame. The stand will operate on the nearside of the bike.

I've a Rallye, which has a frame protector towards the bottom of the frame, I've tried to take this off, with the clips, but it appears that its also glued. Before I rip it off to see what the hole looks like, can anyone help me with what it looks like. Probably like a normal GS I'd guess, but help would be really appreciated. I'm interested in the lowest large hole.

I've included a stock photo to show the plastic cover, directly above the gear change.

Cheers in advance

Ali

Attachments

• rallye.jpg
    rallye.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 300
These covers are stuck on with double sided sticky pads. Just pull them off and re attach with just the rubber straps. I fitted these to my exclusive but didn't pull the backing of the pads. If you look at the other non-Rallye versions you see what it looks like underneath.

Hi Ian

many thanks, I'll have a good look at them, I've a feeling that for the stand to work then this cant be in place, or I'll need to cut out a hole in it for the stand adapter to go through to engage with the frame. Bit of a bummer, but he ho. Cheers again Ali

Hi Ian

many thanks, I'll have a good look at them, I've a feeling that for the stand to work then this cant be in place, or I'll need to cut out a hole in it for the stand adapter to go through to engage with the frame. Bit of a bummer, but he ho. Cheers again Ali

I use an ABBA skylift that attaches to the covered swing arm bolt on both sides, I just take these covers off before I use it then put them back on when I've done.

Back
Top Bottom