2018 1200GS Adventure Rallye TE

colin72blue

Reaction score
Have had a look on google but struggling to find a definitive answer. Is the Adventure Rallye from 2018 different from the standard (like the GS Rallye) or is it just a colour scheme?

Looking to buy a new bike and they seem to be almost the same price as the 1250’s so wondering if there is a reason to go with this over a similar spec 1250 adventure TE?

Adventures have a bigger fuel tank, crash bars, front auxiliary lights and scaffolding for luggage as standard. it's possible to get a 2018 bike in either 1200 or 1250 shift cam as this was the change over year. There may be a slight difference in weight and seat height too.

What I meant was is there a difference between an R1200 adventure rallye and a standard adventure?

Leaning towards a 1250 if the price is similar although I do like the 1200 adventure rallye te colour scheme and blue frame

The GSA Rallye's are the same spec as the standard bikes apart from the colour scheme but, as with standard bikes, they were available in a few different versions, TE being the highest and most popular spec. You may find that some have the TFT dash and some have the pre TFT clocks. I had a 1200 GSA Rallye and changed it last year to a 1250, I find the 1250 much improved over the 1200.

Thanks. The 1250 seems a bit of a no brainer at the moment

The GSA Rallye's are the same spec as the standard bikes apart from the colour scheme but, as with standard bikes, they were available in a few different versions, TE being the highest and most popular spec. You may find that some have the TFT dash and some have the pre TFT clocks. I had a 1200 GSA Rallye and changed it last year to a 1250, I find the 1250 much improved over the 1200.

What I meant was is there a difference between an R1200 adventure rallye and a standard adventure?

Leaning towards a 1250 if the price is similar although I do like the 1200 adventure rallye te colour scheme and blue frame

Sorry, I misunderstood. You have the answer now.

1250 has slightly more power and a smoother torque curve, other than that, its identical. oh, and a 1250 sticker !

General consensus from what i have seen and read seems to be that although the bikes are much the same there is an improvement in the motor of the 1250 over the 1200. Most reviews say its not worth rushing to trade your 1200 and pay a premium for a new bike. But If both are the same price it seems the obvious choice?

I have ridden a friends 2016 GSA but not a 1250 (but he had tried the 1250 and was really impressed by the engine as it had a lot more poke than his)

General consensus from what i have seen and read seems to be that although the bikes are much the same there is an improvement in the motor of the 1250 over the 1200. Most reviews say its not worth rushing to trade your 1200 and pay a premium for a new bike. But If both are the same price it seems the obvious choice?

I’d say that sums it up pretty well

The 1250 isn’t that different to the 1200 but at a similar price it is definitely a no brainer, get the 1250 (I ride a 1200)

I’d say that sums it up pretty well

The 1250 isn’t that different to the 1200 but at a similar price it is definitely a no brainer, get the 1250 (I ride a 1200)

What year is your 1200 ? Mine is one of the last and is identical to my mates 1250. Except from the shiftcam and sticker. I'd even go to state that my GSAP is smoother, But that may just be the fact it has 27k on it. Im keeping my 12 until the next generation shows itself. R1300GS ? Or E-GS

1250 has slightly more power and a smoother torque curve, other than that, its identical. oh, and a 1250 sticker !

So, it has more power/torque and a smoother delivery - why not buy, if around the same price?

The difference between the two is not a minor one - BTW, there's no doubt that if my '67 plate hadn't been written-off (or my '63 plate stolen), I'd still be riding those, but there is no doubt that the 1250 is a better all-round bike - I'd happily pay a premium for the benefits.

What year is your 1200 ? Mine is one of the last and is identical to my mates 1250. Except from the shiftcam and sticker. I'd even go to state that my GSAP is smoother, But that may just be the fact it has 27k on it. Im keeping my 12 until the next generation shows itself. R1300GS ? Or E-GS

Mines a 2016 Euro 3, so before the gearbox update and flat spot :)

I don’t find the 1250 different enough to upgrade and I’m not that keen on the recent paint jobs either so I’m in a similar mind set to you, I’ll probably wait for the next iteration

Apparently there’s going to be a 1300 GS with 170hp and 170NM and 17” wheels, I read it on here ;)

Mines a 2016 Euro 3, so before the gearbox update and flat spot :)

I don’t find the 1250 different enough to upgrade and I’m not that keen on the recent paint jobs either so I’m in a similar mind set to you, I’ll probably wait for the next iteration

Apparently there’s going to be a 1300 GS with 170hp and 170NM and 17” wheels, I read it on here ;)
you forgot the M , - M1300GS:D

I also think that the 1250 was born with shiftcam more to do with EU emissions regulations that anything else. Ill be keeping my 18 GSA for a while yet. :thumb

Took the plunge and did a deal on a 2019 1250 in the Exclusive colour scheme!

Cant wait to get it and get out now :D

Back
Top Bottom