Corded drill

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
Recommendations please for a two speed plug in drill to use on my big blue bike lift.
Apparently it has to be two speed.

Cheers Doc.

Just buy the cheapest you can find, if all you want to do is lift a work bench.

Or get a bench with the foot pedal lift and don’t buy the drill.

Or, if you think you’ll use the drill for more than just lifting a work bench, buy a decent quality corded (or uncorded) drill..... you’ll be told to buy a DeWalt or a Makita. That’ll save you the trouble of asking, if and when.

Thanks.
I have the bike lift.
I have cordless Makita drills which won't do the job.
Ps.
Makita are the best but not for lifting the bench.:D

I can see the reason for two speeds but I’d make sure one was anti-clockwise, it’d be a real pi55er to wind it up quick but have to manual it back to earth.

Just buy the cheapest you can find, if all you want to do is lift a work bench.

Or get a bench with the foot pedal lift and don’t buy the drill.

Or, if you think you’ll use the drill for more than just lifting a work bench, buy a decent quality corded (or uncorded) drill..... you’ll be told to buy a DeWalt or a Makita. That’ll save you the trouble of asking, if and when.

Remember that Makita keyless chucks are the work of the devil!
Makita would not pay royalties for a proper keyless chuck and designed their own, whose primary purpose is to send the user to A & E with severe burns to the hand.

Weird that your cordless won’t work; I have a Big Red lift and my cordless works just fine lifting my Harley with ease :nenau

Weird that your cordless won’t work; I have a Big Red lift and my cordless works just fine lifting my Harley with ease :nenau

I think I'd be tempted to try the cordless, just to see.

Think Parkside is available in Aldi or Lidl, they do the job perfectly

Back
Top Bottom