Posting photos on here

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I try to attach a photo I first of all click on the Attachments option (the one with the paper clip) then click on Choose file, the page of images I last looked at comes up (in my case > This PC > Pictures > 2018-09-27) with a box at the bottom for me to enter the File name. I either A click on the chosen photo or B enter the number of the photo (in this case P1230106.JPG) and then click on the Open box, down at the bottom right corner of the page, the results are the same whether I go for option A or B.

The Manage Attachments window appears again with the file name (P1230106.JPG) now appearing in the top Choose file box.

I click Upload.

The Attachment box goes blank, but with the heading now changed to https://www.ukgser.com/forums/newattachment.php?do=manageattach The chosen photo does not appear in the Preview Post.

WTF am I doing wrong this time then. :mad:

When I try to attach a photo I first of all click on the Attachments option (the one with the paper clip) then click on Choose file, the page of images I last looked at comes up (in my case > This PC > Pictures > 2018-09-27) with a box at the bottom for me to enter the File name. I either A click on the chosen photo or B enter the number of the photo (in this case P1230106.JPG) and then click on the Open box, down at the bottom right corner of the page, the results are the same whether I go for option A or B.

The Manage Attachments window appears again with the file name (P1230106.JPG) now appearing in the top Choose file box.

I click Upload.

The Attachment box goes blank, but with the heading now changed to https://www.ukgser.com/forums/newattachment.php?do=manageattach The chosen photo does not appear in the Preview Post.

Photos are precious John, they are history. Use a Photo Hosting site (I use SmugMug) you have to pay, but your photos are safe and precious. Dead easy then to upload from there ....

:beerjug:

Photos are precious John, they are history. Use a Photo Hosting site (I use SmugMug) you have to pay, but your photos are safe and precious. Dead easy then to upload from there ....

It's unbelievable the grief I'm getting with posting photos on here in the last couple of years, always a different problem, it's driving me nuts. I've just posted in the Test section, and for some reason the pics are up side down while others are perfectly fine. Everything was fine up till a few years back. I have something like 90,000 photos all still on SD cards in the hope that they will be safe, though I have had one Israel/Palestine/Jordan holiday throw a wobbly on me, happily that one was recoverable much to my delight.

I click Upload.

Make sure your on desk top; i have to switch to desk top every time i post; saying that; i only ever use my phone. For whatever reason desktop does'nt seem to be the default setting like it used to be; :beerjug:

I use postimage.org to post photos here. I store my photos myself on a remote hard drive rather than use a hosting site and transfer those I want to display here. It costs me nothing as there is no hosting fee.

Did you take note of the max size for various file types?

Attachments

• size.JPG
    size.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 153
Testestestest

Redboots: no, I hadn't considered the size, but I've managed to post some random ones, (OK OK some have fallen down :D) see below, they are all .jpg and strangely they are all above the max allowed of 244.1KB with the second and third having started off as 3.96 and 2.36MB respectively.

IMG_1692.jpg (251.2 KB)
IMG_9311.jpg (257.7 KB)
IMG_0530.jpg (243.6 KB)

Once again I failed to post the one I originally wanted to post, that one actually started off as 641KB, and I also tried to post another, nearly identical image, that was 2.37MB, and that failed to appear as well. But- and this may be a big BUT- the ones that failed to appear are all labelled with the prefix P, one was P1230105.JPG and the other P1230106.JPG unlike the others which are typically labelled IMG_1692.jpg

Now, could that be a clue? :confused::nenau:)

PS Still no idea why the upright ones fall over though... :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9311.jpg
    IMG_9311.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 131
PS Still no idea why the upright ones fall over though... :mad:

I saved your dinner image and rotated it using my viewer software and saved it again without doing anything to it.

What are you rotating them with?

Attachments

• IMG_0530 (1).jpg
    IMG_0530 (1).jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 123
File size may well be the issue

I use MS Office Picture Manager - you can resize, crop, Rotate etc

Using the Export option I select Web-Large, which typically reduces size from 3.60MB to 100kb

No ides why some posters photo's rotate, never happens to mine:D

I don't think the name starting with P is relevant. These are both named Pxxxxx.

The first is 6,422kb and is landscape
vBulletin reduces that to 251.6kb but has not kept the rotation.

The second upload starts life as a 944kb "landscape" image.
vBulletin reduces that to 255.4kb and has kept the rotation.

There must be a threshold size where the BB software throws a wobbly

Attachments

• P1000733.jpg
    P1000733.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 114
  • P1020684.jpg
    P1020684.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 117
Thank you folks, some interesting leads there, will reply as soon as I can.

I find that the easiest way is on my mobile via Tapatalk.. too much grief any other way ;)

I find that the easiest way is on my mobile via Tapatalk.. too much grief any other way ;)
As most of the photos I want to post on here are stored on my laptop I try to reply from there, and that’s when they go tits up. I’ll try posting from my iPhone to see how that goes but it will mean that I’ll have to email them to myself to access them from my phone. What is pissing me off is the fact that it used to be so easy a few years ago.

As most of the photos I want to post on here are stored on my laptop I try to reply from there, and that’s when they go tits up. I’ll try posting from my iPhone to see how that goes but it will mean that I’ll have to email them to myself to access them from my phone. What is pissing me off is the fact that it used to be so easy a few years ago.

Try Postimage. You choose the image from your laptop, copy the link postimage gives you and paste into the "insert image" thingy and Robert's your mother's brother.

Redboots: that's a belting photo you have there of the suspension bridge, did you take it? Where is it, North West Frontier area? :thumb2

I just use go advance and select pics from my iPad albums...

The upside down and sideways is a new issue - I’m doing nothing different but now my pics can load on the wonk!

How do I get around that? Before I post on here I go into iPad edit rotate my picture 360° ' so back to the way it was ' and save it

Redboots: that's a belting photo you have there of the suspension bridge, did you take it? Where is it, North West Frontier area? :thumb2

It is. Taken near Passu. Its a bridge over the Hunza river with some of the Passu cones.

Now let’s see ...

Attachments

• 2D67D3C0-62D8-4A5B-A5F4-61E4597A6374.jpeg
    2D67D3C0-62D8-4A5B-A5F4-61E4597A6374.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 58

Back
Top Bottom