Starter change

Mullgs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, what’s the best change of starter these days, best deal for a new one, or refurb of old one? 1150 Gs, last changed about 6 years ago, started making horrible grindy noises since it came back out the shed. Tia.

I bought one off eBay for just under £60. Obviously not original BMW parts at that price but new and works perfectly well. Yours might just need a clean up/refurbishment. I’m sure there are posts on here how to do it. In fact here you go, and detailed strip down instructions at post 4.

Another vote for EBay-less than £60 and delivered the next day. I've just replaced mine on an 1100gs due to 2 magnets becoming detached. Not worth messing about.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

How about just servicing your existing starter? Only takes about an hour if you do it properly. Or have you tried this already?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ditto, Slipperyeel, didn't take long and was still fine when I sold the bike years later.

Any yous fitted new starter any chance measure apm draw? Just desable plugs and turne engine for 10sec, and see what's average consumption? Wona compare with old one.
My about 100amps.
Cheers

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Any yous fitted new starter any chance measure apm draw? Just desable plugs and turne engine for 10sec, and see what's average consumption? Wona compare with old one.
My about 100amps.
Cheers

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
You mean 10amps. No?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom