40th anniversary edition insurance problems

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is aimed at any owners of the 40th Ani GSA’s or GS,s.

When I search insurance company drop downs for finding your bike it only seems to show the Rallye, Exclusive or normal TE version. Non of the insurance co,s list the Ani edition :confused:

How have you got around this? Did you just say it’s black and TE spec?

Cheers

Jon :beerjug:

I had the same issue when the GSA LC triple black TE first came out..! It was so new the risk had to be underwritten and in the end it 'cost me the earth' in year one but settled back to normal once the insurance Companies accepted it as a 'standard' bike and not some nuclear powered racing machine etc.

Yeah I think that’s going to happen to me. From £220 fully comp on a 1250 Rallye to £500 :eek::mad:

It’s not like the 40th came out last week is it :blast

Yeah I think that’s going to happen to me. From £220 fully comp on a 1250 Rallye to £500 :eek::mad:

It’s not like the 40th came out last week is it :blast

That's exactly what mine was a month ago on my 2021 GSA TB

That's exactly what mine was a month ago on my 2021 GSA TB

I think a lot of it has to do with the “new bike” value. Bennetts’s who I’m with now on a 2019 1250 GSA Rallye couldn’t quote as the value of a new bike went above their insurance threshold :blast it has to be reviewed by the underwriters now. At £15k it was fine but £20000 not so good.

At the end of the day the 40th is the same bike but with Option 719 cylinder covers.

Jon

Correct. Insured as normal top spec with option pack. Had the same in January. Keep value below 20k.

Barry

I had a similar problem with the triple black. Spoke to BMW about getting it added to the insurer's list. Was told that you just insure it as a TE and give the price paid. In future they wont be separating out for Rallye, triple black or 40th edition.

I had a similar problem back in October 18 when I got a 1250 Rallye the week it was launched and no insurance companies listed the 1250
After most companies refusing to insure me I managed to get one company to agree to insure it as a 1200 Rallye to start with until their system was updated, then issue new paperwork for a 1250
It was a tense week and I told the dealer I might have to cancel the order, but after lots of phone calls I got it sorted. I said afterworlds I wouldn’t buy a bike that was just launched. Ridiculous that you are having this problem over a variant
Manufacturers know when a new model or variant are coming out some time before, so they should be getting insurance databases updated before customers have all this hassle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for advice everyone, I’m going to start again and just keep it simple. It is after all a TE Adventure. Only concern is the 40th comes with the billet cylinder head covers but that is standard from factory figment so really shouldn’t make a difference god forbid I ever need to claim. :confused:

Jon :thumb2

Yes the bit about cancelling your insurance when you sell a bike is very important, I never used to do this till some one put it up on a bike forum year's back & in that post the poor chap lost his house etc ,I'm shore there's plenty of riders who don't fully tell the truth about modifications etc when there renewing insurance.

....till some one put it up on a bike forum year's back & in that post the poor chap lost his house etc ,I'm shore there's plenty.....

I’m shore there’s plenty who repeat that story, too. Or maybe they just think it was something their mate told them, after he’d been told it by his mate who’d heard it from some bloke in the pub.

I’m shore there’s plenty who repeat that story, too. Or maybe they just think it was something their mate told them, after he’d been told it by his mate who’d heard it from some bloke in the pub.
I think it's worth your time clicking on the link, you may be aware of what is being discussed but I think most people will not be.

I think it's worth your time clicking on the link, you may be aware of what is being discussed but I think most people will not be.

I am still waiting for the irrefutable evidence (beyond “I read it on a forum on the internet some years ago”) that a bod had his house taken away from him (ie implying that he was rendered homeless) by an insurance company, as clutchspring claimed.

Quite why anyone would leave insurance running on a vehicle they had sold is a mystery. But hey, anything to save some pounds. Or maybe they do it to protect a fellow biker who might forget to insure the vehicle, ‘cos they was well busy an’ out hooning?

So Bennetts’s have now found my bike :blast it’s called, for anyone else having problems... “Edition 40”

Not “40th Anniversary” :augie

Just waiting for them to bend me over and dry hump me for the changeover :mad: :D

Jon

So Bennetts’s have now found my bike :blast it’s called, for anyone else having problems... “Edition 40”

Not “40th Anniversary” :augie

Just waiting for them to bend me over and dry hump me for the changeover :mad: :D

Jon

Pictures please...... and not the bike :)

Back
Top Bottom