New 1250 ADV bumble bee ordered!

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Again I wasn’t expecting to order a new bike as I only bought the 2019 Rallye ADV 2 months ago :eek: :blast

I never gelled with it for some reason so I casually asked about a trade in at Bahnstormers in Maidenhead and due to all the extras it came with (now sold) I can trade it in with a little profit :eek::D

Sooooooo...... a new 40th anniversary ADV TE ordered with black wheels and I can’t wait :D

Bahnstormers really looked after me so I couldn’t say no :D

Thank you Hugh and Dean for going the extra mile for me :beerjug:

Jon

Sounds like a deal.

Can I ask in what way you didn’t gel with it? I have the exact same bike as your trading in (after 5 years away from a GSA) and haven’t been able to get proper miles on her yet - and a little issue with the exhaust......

I had a 2018 Rallye Adventure and sold mine to Williams, I never got on with mine either. I’d had a GSA before and I have a 2019 1250 GSA ADV now and love it.

I've had a 2008 GS and loved it. A 2018 TB GSA and loved it. And now on a 2021 TB GSA which I have just run in. Guess what, I'm loving it. Hope you get on with yours and enjoy many miles.

Jon,I’m being fick, but if you never gelled with the 2019 GSA,what difference will the 2021 be apart from paint and fancy headlights ?

The main reason for me and I know it’s daft is it was not in great condition. In fact in worse condition than the 16 plate one I sold previously. That was mint!

It was only when I started doing a deep clean I found stone chips everywhere which suggests the bike has had a harder life than I was led to believe. It was not a BMW off road bike but pretty much everywhere had chips. Headlight, screen, bodywork, frame, engine, both wheels.:blast I bought it without viewing (my fault) but maybe trusted the pictures and seller to much. Never again!

Add to that it left me stranded 5 times with the no start when warm problem so I started to resent it more and more. I admit when I bought it I got blinded by all the bling and extras and took my eye off the main prize.

So when I casually enquired I was very surprised with the trade in value and I got a stonking “NHS” discount on new bike which meant I could buy my way out of an unhappy bike ownership for not too much money so deal done :D

Jon

The main reason for me and I know it’s daft is it was not in great condition. In fact in worse condition than the 16 plate one I sold previously. That was mint!

It was only when I started doing a deep clean I found stone chips everywhere which suggests the bike has had a harder life than I was led to believe. It was not a BMW off road bike but pretty much everywhere had chips. Headlight, screen, bodywork, frame, engine, both wheels.:blast I bought it without viewing (my fault) but maybe trusted the pictures and seller to much. Never again!

Add to that it left me stranded 5 times with the no start when warm problem so I started to resent it more and more. I admit when I bought it I got blinded by all the bling and extras and took my eye off the main prize.

So when I casually enquired I was very surprised with the trade in value and I got a stonking “NHS” discount on new bike which meant I could buy my way out of an unhappy bike ownership for not too much money so deal done :D

Jon

Makes perfect sense.

Jon

Really good to hear you came out of it happy.

Jon

‘NHS discount’?

Please tell me more......!

could you PM me with the NHS discount info as well please.

What discount do nhs get, wife and daughter both work for nhs so maybe I could do a deal on a 2021 Gsa rallye

Jon

What discount do nhs get, wife and daughter both work for nhs so maybe I could do a deal on a 2021 Gsa rallye
Please tell me more

Back
Top Bottom