how to suspension 2012

ynotbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all picking up a 2012 triple black gs next week with all the bells and whistles. what would you recommend for the setting the suspension. I have never owned a flash bike like this before as I have an 1100gs set up very good nitrons fitted. so what would you all recommend is it complicated :rob am 13.5/14 stone. wouldn't be doing any off-road, to old:rob im not very good at this computer stuff. Any ideas would be much appreciated.cheers all:thumb2

For your weight youd get away with 1 rider. If you want it a bit firmer, 1 rider plus luggae is waht i use

easy

so is that easy just but in one rider and away you go how does it not know am a over weight tosser :thumb

so is that easy just but in one rider and away you go how does it not know am a over weight tosser :thumb

Its is all based on pre load Adjustment

If you set rider and pillion it adjusts the pre load as you would have done manually once upon a time same for rider and luggage etc

Most bike makers spring their bikes to about 90KG for rider so you should be just fine

Yes 1 rider, or because of the age now rider plus luggage is probably will feel better, but only you know.

Your Nitrons may feel a little better though, but depends on the bike you pick up. Enjoy, cracking bike and much better than an LC in my opinion.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Preload = ride height. So if you are very tall, very heavy or just super long legs sit on it and adjust the preload until you feel like the ride height is where you would like it to be. Otherwise 1helmet is where you probably want it. Don’t forget as well as the 1helmet/+luggage/2helmets there’s two off road positions as well - which add some preload to the front.

Then ride it and on the fly adjust the damping until you find the one that’s good for that particular moment.

But, It doesn’t really make much difference what setting you have it at, unless the shocks are knackered or you are a riding god, it’ll be fine on any of the settings.

Back
Top Bottom