R80 G/S rear brake pedal placement

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It was pointed out to me recently that the rear brake pedal only G/S sits on the outside of the frame.

The brake works ok but there is a definite tapered angle on the brake rod.

Was this a common modification (botch)?

Having watched the Harry's garage video on the G/S it was commented that the rear brake leaver was set so close to the frame it could be a challenge to get a foot on the pedal.

https://youtu.be/RDYeFvCnh5w

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-18 at 22.11.56.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-18 at 22.11.56.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 221
That looks wrong to me. It should be on the other side of that metal plate. Hang on I’ll go and a pic of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks wrong to me. It should be on the other side of that metal plate. Hang on I’ll go and a pic of mine.

Thanks Nin. I know it is wrong and intend correcting it.

It was watching the video caused me to ask the question.

Ah right. I’m getting a bigger pressy downy bit welded on mine to make it easier to use.

Ah right. I’m getting a bigger pressy downy bit welded on mine to make it easier to use.

Cheers, I suspect I will be doing the same :thumby:

Or swop out for an ST pedal. Much much better and easier to use. Finding one maybe the challenge however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bolted on a P shaped piece of checker plate on to the toe pad to get my size 12's out from under the carbs and give myself a bit more leverage.
Touralick or whoever have something similar for about Eu30-----

Blimey Beemerboff, you're still with us. You'd been so quiet I thought the Covids had got you.

Glad to see you're okay.

Yep, the little Himalayan has been getting the most attention lately, and I have been posting on their forums.
And trying to behave myself, but I don't think I am ever going to get the hang of it!

Back
Top Bottom