Meteor 350

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I feel strangely drawn to the Meteor 350... I've not seen one yet, but like the idea. Think I'll have to visit Moto Corsa to see what they have.

Anyone seen one yet? I've only found a brief Youtube video by MCN in UK and a couple of Indian reviews

royal-enfield-meteor-350-yellow.png

Last edited:
It’s supposed to replace the 500 but I preferred the look of the Classic 500 so went for the older model.

Or to be more brutal; the Meteor reminds me of those horrible custom bikes the Japanese manufacturers foisted on us in the ‘80s of which any remaining should be crushed as soon as possible 😀

Like most enfields, there is a historic link to past models, which is a good thing I reckon
4e4d816bfed37328c3aaf1fe095f7b50.jpg
ea507a23d3751e26a121467056313355.jpg
68d7fe5e9f2d21068e20339a3d0574dc.jpg

The Royal Enfield Meteor is a really good looking bike in the flesh. Ive sat on them but not had a test ride just yet but hopefully next week. The riding position is really comfy but as your feet are a little forward it may start to play on the lower back. My biggest worry is lack of power but as a bike for town and bimbling around the coutry lanes it looks great.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 21.50.48.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 21.50.48.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 402
The Royal Enfield Meteor is a really good looking bike in the flesh. Ive sat on them but not had a test ride just yet but hopefully next week. The riding position is really comfy but as your feet are a little forward it may start to play on the lower back. My biggest worry is lack of power but as a bike for town and bimbling around the coutry lanes it looks great.
Have you tried the Interceptor or Continental GT Andy, might be better for you?

I dont like the riding position of the Continental but i really like the Inteceptor although almost the same as a Boneville. They are amazing value for money but i really like the Meteor as a town country lane sort of bike......... hopefully a test ride will put me off as i have far to many already :p

Just fot info i tried out the 350 Meteor today and must say i was suitably impressed. Its certainly not a bike to race around the lanes but it is very smooth, comfortable and has that feel good factor.

Downside was it didnt seem to have any powerband at all and has qute tall gearing but 5 gears was enough. I wasnt keen on the heel and toe gearshift but i guess thats designed for people who wear sandles.

Well done Royal Enfield for bringing it in to the UK.

I had a look at the Meteor and decided that the 500 Classic was a better bike for what I wanted so that was it, deal done.

Technically the Meteor is probably better but I just didn’t fancy owning one.

The Missenden Flyer likes it;

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z9BnJO6tSa8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had a good poke around one on the RE stand at the ABR weekend and was suitably impressed with it, not my thing but i can see it would be for many :thumb2

My KTM dealer is also a RE dealer..so while the 1290 is in for its rip off service tomorrow I have booked myself a test ride on the Meteor...and the Interceptor aswell.

Back
Top Bottom