Can OS Maps be loaded...

Do you mean Open Street maps? If so, then yes, they can be put onto an SD card and the card will then go into the device. They will be fully routable, too.

I assume Ordnance Survey maps can be, too. Whether or not they are routable on the device, I have no idea. Why not just try?

PS There is a dedicated GPS section. Try it, it’s pretty good. You’ll get a much wider audience, than the narrow world here.

I don’t think they can go onto a Zumo based device-they can be loaded onto the XT and assume the 660 or Nv6 is same

I run osm based maps on my nav5. The default maps stay so you can switch at any time.

It would help greatly if the OP could be specific as to whether he is referring to Open Street or Ordnance Survey maps, when he says ‘OS Maps’.

Moderator, please move to the GPS section; this ‘technical’ section only deals with which gloves are awesome on the WC.

If you mean Ordanance Survey the answer is no

When you say, no. Does that mean that Ordnance Survey maps cannot be loaded ie.

a. The device won’t display them, or

b. That they are not routable on the device, or

c. That the maps don’t scroll as the bike moves along, or

d. Some combination of the above, or

e. Something else

I only ask as I have never tried loading my Nav VI (or previous versions) with Ordnance Survey maps.

If your Garmin supports raster maps (like Ordinance Survey) they can appear to be routable (on road only) provided you have an underlying routable map in the same device. IE you route with the routable map but the display shows the Ordinance Survey map.

Back
Top Bottom