My luggage options for the R 9 T,

roamer

Reaction score
The bike looks great as it is, but its my only bike and previously coming from many gs, I wanted some touring options,
I had to be temporary luggage options that could be fitted or removed in a few minutes, depending on how far away the cafe is,
The tank bag was in with the deal, the other stuff is a mix and match if needed,
Hoping to get over to France again f we are allowed later this year,

Attachments

• 7454EC3C-8B1A-4774-9881-A17A421A1926.jpg
    7454EC3C-8B1A-4774-9881-A17A421A1926.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 73889459-118B-483F-A016-AEF30C78FF28.jpg
    73889459-118B-483F-A016-AEF30C78FF28.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 353
  • 76731971-E185-40DA-8676-093949430DC8.jpg
    76731971-E185-40DA-8676-093949430DC8.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 8FB55F26-6EAE-435B-ABBF-3951ED73FD56.jpg
    8FB55F26-6EAE-435B-ABBF-3951ED73FD56.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 374
Wasn't planning on prizes wapping,, well spotted,
Was like many hoping to camp at Dent, and further afield,
The givi screen works surprisingly well,

Could you tell me what the bag and box are pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you find the bike on long runs? Love the look of them but wondering that they are like for long runs, and as an only bike? Thanks!

There's some toff on the motorcycle shed youtube channel that did a long overland trip on one of these, it might have been a scrambler but the same platform just wearing different clothes?

How do you find the bike on long runs? Love the look of them but wondering that they are like for long runs, and as an only bike? Thanks!
I’ve done several long trips on mine including UK to north of the Arctic Circle. I’ve also read a report of a guy that rode from Italy to Samarkand on the Silk Road route using, shock horror, standard suspension! They haven’t the comfort of a GSA or RT but they’re far less bulky and the engine is a real peach.

Could you tell me what the bag and box are pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bags are Sw Motech blaze panniers they are semi rigid and expand ,there are mounts that hold removable rods that hold the bags steady
top box is givi b330 mono lock the included mount fits nicely on the hepco Becker mini rack,
which carried a 42 litre alloy outback box from my gs weighing 10 kg over 2500 miles without issues,
the b330 including mount is about half the outback weight without mount,
looks more in proportion and much less overhang as the mono lock mount plate is much shorter,

Comfort wise I find it as good as if slightly comfier seat compared to the gs which needed an air hawk on long days,
the leg position is ok for me at 5"10, lowering the pegs apparently helps for some,
being the standard roadster , ground clearance was something I don't want to sacrifice, it already touches down with minimal sag settings and a 25 mm rear lift,
the urban and scrambler look higher so lower pegs might not be an issue,
I like Paul find the motor great with loads of torque and gearing suits the bike,

Fair point with the top box ,, it is mainly a back up for camping or trips where i want to secure a helmet or long trips solo etc, it doesn't affect the handling and the bike is petite making the luggage look big,
Its rare i use the box (33L ) and panniers (14 L each, 21 expanded) but practicality of storing gear securely is the idea for touring,
Cost was fairly low and it is a mix and match idea, and mostly off the bike ,
The screen idea came from a guy in ireland on the 9 t forum who had tried a few, it makes a big difference for longer runs,,

I’ve done several long trips on mine including UK to north of the Arctic Circle. I’ve also read a report of a guy that rode from Italy to Samarkand on the Silk Road route using, shock horror, standard suspension! They haven’t the comfort of a GSA or RT but they’re far less bulky and the engine is a real peach.

I was going to say I took mine for a tour of Glen Coe and surrounding areas from Kent, but was outgunned :D

I've used the BMW small soft bag with great success as it expands to even take a Shoei Hornet, very light too.

Back
Top Bottom