Seat mark oddity

Yofi... we could always swap pillion seats... you could then have a matching pair of melted ones, and it may even increase your chances of a result from the dealership.
Only trying to be helpful to a fellow tosser in your hour of need.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

heh :). Thanks for posting the pic - looks just like mine, I think, and would seem to confirm a 'light' burn. I used garage spots when doing my paint protection, and so as amazing as it might be, I now suspect that one of these must have been too close, for too long.

But it does make you question the material finish.

I'm sure I'll live with it just fine. I'm less precious about these things than I once was.

PS you can safely ignore the last paragraph in post # 5,
it would appear that some members are so intelligent and have such a vast knowledge of everything in the universe that they probably have a brain the size of a small planet.
Or is it me being a little bit too pernickety ! .

BMW have again come back, suggesting it is heat damage, and have provided the example of a sun's rays off a car mirror. Seems perfectly logical to me, for a bike that was bought mid-winter and kept in the garage when not on the road. :blast

However, I cannot rule out that there wasn't some kind of unsuspecting damage done by a torch or lighting used in the garage when doing the PPF, so I'll leave it there. Have no qualms with the efforts made by the dealership, and if I were that bothered I'd take it up directly with BMW.

Is a cautionary tale to others I'd suggest.

Just hoping the whole seat doesn't melt when I turn up the seat heating to setting 5.

A friend of mine used to ride a "Maxi scooter". One time, as we were riding, he all of a sudden pulled over and stopped. The top of his dashboard had been de-formed to the point of needing replacement, and it happened while we where riding. The sun, shining from his behind, had been reflected by the windscreen, and the curvature of the windscreen had focused the sunrays to his dashboard. Riding a bit of a straight road had given exposure to one spot long enough to damage his dashboard....

There was a famous case of a Jag whose interior was scorched by the sunlight focussed by reflections from the windows of a curved building in the City of London, which might be deemed to be unexpected, but for a scooter to have its dashboard melted by the sun reflected off its own windscreen suggests a woeful lack of thorough development testing by the manufacturer. I do hope they replaced it for him FOC.

There was a famous case of a Jag whose interior was scorched by the sunlight focussed by reflections from the windows of a curved building in the City of London, which might be deemed to be unexpected, but for a scooter to have its dashboard melted by the sun reflected off its own windscreen suggests a woeful lack of thorough development testing by the manufacturer. I do hope they replaced it for him FOC.
Yes I remember that case, it was the so called 'Walkie-Talkie' building in the City of London (not very as the crow flies from Wapping I believe).
1028a44957b8b4c2b4e7c50d8256c01f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom