Coastal Sea Fishing In Iceland

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now, does anybody know if it’s legal to fish off the beach / rocks when you’ve pitched camp for the night? :nenau. Anyone done this on one of the trips has knowledge of license requirements etc?
I sometimes carry an extremely light telescopic spinning rod, multiplier reel and a few lures when I’m out and about on my bike / motorhome when I’m up in Scotland. I would imagine it could be quite good fishing in Iceland. :thumb2
Catch and release as normal unless someone wants one for their tea! :D

I've no idea but don't go starting another "Cod War" with them, we've got enough on our plate at the moment.

Sea fishing is fine but you definately need a permit on rivers.

Now, does anybody know if it’s legal to fish off the beach / rocks when you’ve pitched camp for the night? :nenau. Anyone done this on one of the trips has knowledge of license requirements etc?
I sometimes carry an extremely light telescopic spinning rod, multiplier reel and a few lures when I’m out and about on my bike / motorhome when I’m up in Scotland. I would imagine it could be quite good fishing in Iceland. :thumb2
Catch and release as normal unless someone wants one for their tea! :D

Unless someone wants one for their tea...

Have you forgotten who you’re going with :blast

d60554d9abc5076471f64a1453535068.jpg

Tim supervising the fishing on a previous trip. The cod were huge and delicious.

The lasting memory from this fish trip was watching the fisherman fillet the fish- it was dreadful, loads left on the bone and hacked. I asked him about it and he didn’t see the point, if he needed more fish he’d catch another. Seemed my fish filleting training was a bit indulgent.

I thought this section was to publish details of a trip for others to join ?

I plan to go to look at the at the Thames around 1pm. I understand there are fish in there. Would you like to come along ?

Sounds thrilling, but I’m still having to self-isolate so I’m out.Ta anyway :)

Look at the heading in this section....
Trip reports, travel INFORMATION and ADVICE! I’m after some advice on a trip, which section should I post it in then? The 1200 section? :blast

I plan to go to look at the at the Thames around 1pm. I understand there are fish in there. Would you like to come along ?

There are indeed some fish in there. Some very nice and big fish too. :thumb2

Look at the heading in this section....
Trip reports, travel INFORMATION and ADVICE! I’m after some advice on a trip, which section should I post it in then? The 1200 section? :blast

No, but how about the TRAVEL section then ?
That’s what its there for !!!
Suggest you look a bit harder before getting all uppity, as usual.

96235df28a2c416f67bf3c9919b7e96b.jpg

No, but how about the TRAVEL section then ?
That’s what its there for !!!
Suggest you look a bit harder before getting all uppity, as usual.

96235df28a2c416f67bf3c9919b7e96b.jpg
You’re the one getting arsey about what section it’s in, not me. No one else seems bothered. I’m sure if it’s in the wrong one a mod will move it. What the fuck has it got to do with you anyway? :nenau
You just can’t help yourself can you? Got to stick your fucking nose in where it’s not needed or wanted.

You’re the one getting arsey about what section it’s in, not me. No one else seems bothered. I’m sure if it’s in the wrong one a mod will move it. What the fuck has it got to do with you anyway? :nenau
You just can’t help yourself can you? Got to stick your fucking nose in where it’s not needed or wanted.

Was just trying to help as you might get more advice if it was posted in the travel advice section rather than a section supposedly to invite others on a trip.So no need to get nasty.
Hope you get the advice you need.A spot of fishing might calm your anger issues !! :)

Was just trying to help as you might get more advice if it was posted in the travel advice section rather than a section supposedly to invite others on a trip.So no need to get nasty.
Hope you get the advice you need.A spot of fishing might calm your anger issues !! :)

You weren’t trying to help at! If you’ve got some good advice then let’s hear it. If not, shut the fuck up. It’s very simple.
Just piping up to criticise isn’t a very nice trait at all is it. Ooh, look, he’s put it in the wrong section, quick, let’s point it out! Fucking clown. Do you feel better about yourself again now? Always got to belittle someone you don’t know.

Surely releasing a fish alive and well is better than killing it? :nenau

Don't worry yourself Udders, the forum bully is feeling bullied himself because he doesn't use off road bikes for what they were designed to do :D

Generally though for info, you don't really need to start a new thread for every question about Iceland 18 months in advance, just ask me. You can PM me and I'll give you my number nearer the time :)

Surely releasing a fish alive and well is better than killing it? :nenau

I'm sure you'd love it if a hook was stuck in your gob and you were dragged under the water until you nearly drowned only to have a last minute reprieve and be chucked back onto dry land................all for the fish's entertainment.

Hey it's fine though, it's a sport :thumb

Kill the thing and eat it or leave it alone :beerjug:

Andres

I'm sure you'd love it if a hook was stuck in your gob and you were dragged under the water until you nearly drowned only to have a last minute reprieve and be chucked back onto dry land................all for the fish's entertainment.

Hey it's fine though, it's a sport :thumb

Kill the thing and eat it or leave it alone :beerjug:

Andres

No. Catch and release unharmed is the way I do things. Clearly you don’t go fishing because it’s certainly not like you describe. It’s what I enjoy. I don’t need to go round telling other people what they should or shouldn’t do for a hobby. Oh, and I wouldn’t kill it simply because I don’t eat any form of seafood. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom