R1250RS brand new loan bike

Wind protection is perfect with the standard screen in the low position. If you move it to the high position then you get buffeting around the helmet. A bigger aftermarket screen would have you looking through it, I'll leave that to the RT boys.
I no longer live in the UK so am not worried about dampness, although it rained here a couple of weeks ago.

Not many RT boys look through a screen, but you never know.

Totally agree. That is the reason that I bought a new 1250RS back in September. The girlfriend, on the other hand, collected a new S1000XR last Saturday.

I've got one of them too, an XR.

Ive got to say, I do quite fancy an RS. The two bikes I've got are just no good for pillions and I do quite fancy getting back into a bit of touring. I'm just not quite old enough for an RT yet ..... :D

You must be old enough. .....,you’re a pensioner.

And for me the Gs is a better bike , had an RS for a day and just could not get on with it over the twisty B roads , main roads were fine . All different but for me the Gs is far better and more compliant in all situations ( plus it looks better ) lol
We are different tho , still a good bike if it suits you.
Stick somehowI get the idea the RS is not for you, I must say I have ridden plenty of different bikes and think the RS is far better at cornering, again it’s a personal view.
I have just been informed that my bike will not be repaired for at least 5 weeks, the dealership are trying to get BMW to supply me with a more permanent loan bike as the RS is mileage limited prior to sale. Watch this space lol.

Yes, the argument about 'power' and the fact that both bikes make the same power, is not that relevant in my book. They'll probably have different gearing, different geometry, and will both have a very different feel.
I have ridden one, but it wasn't for very long (an hour?) but do fancy a decent test ride .. :thumb2

On a GS forum its expected that predominantly peps would favour a GS. But just saying its nice to have several boxer engine based options

Good service but shame the new bike is already playing up.
Well the saga continues my next new bike is the R9T scrambler delivered to me today is below not ridden it yet, thoughts or knowledge.
Next week I’m on the new RT until mine is fixed which according to the dealer should be mid June.

Attachments

• 23B85D2B-4B91-4B30-81A7-018AA1C7B45A.jpeg
    23B85D2B-4B91-4B30-81A7-018AA1C7B45A.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 1440155C-3DCF-4290-A431-0CBC15358130.jpeg
    1440155C-3DCF-4290-A431-0CBC15358130.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 446
did you sit on it before the RS left? I can't bend my knees to fit on any R9T

No will get a run out on it tomorrow only got it for a week until the next one arrives.

As another very happy RS owner, can I add my tuppence worth to Wessie’s summary...

Owned from new in 2015. Nudging 30,000 miles. Summer use only.
No commuting (I’ll be an OAP next month).

I ride using dash display 2 - Speed & Gear. Haven’t looked at a Rev counter for ages.

Cruise. Tick
Hot grips. Tick
Quick shift. Tick
HID headlamps. Tick
Hugger. Tick
Fender extender. Tick
Aussie spec BMW rear fender. Tick
High seat. Tick
Lowered pegs. Tick
Custom Maxton suspension. Tick
Cool Cover string vest seat cover. Tick
50p jack up bracket for GPS on OEM mount. Tick
OEM top box and panniers. Tick
Raised handlebars. No thanks
Tall screen. No thanks. I cut the original down and silence is golden, plus the wind on my chest takes all the weight off my wrists.

I rode 400+ miles on Friday for a 12 hour day and I found the bike is still all day comfortable.
For me. My shape. My weight.

We’re all different, but as I rode with the bike purring beneath me I reminded myself that no new bike would be better, faster or make me more handsome.

It’s a keeper for the foreseeable future.

Attachments

• 8BD9D049-9813-4501-83C6-F20BC0475A44.jpg
    8BD9D049-9813-4501-83C6-F20BC0475A44.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 520
The RS is the only bike in BMW lineup that could tempt me back to the fold

Have you tried one?

I had a loan 2017 RS for a week or so and couldn't gel with it - too cramped, too noisy and too much weight on the wrists.

Glad to give it back

On a GS forum its expected that predominantly peps would favour a GS.

Aaah - In theory...yes. Just hang around a bit longer!

On the RS question, I just like the RS formula, from R100RS to present day. Every bike's a compromise and I think the RS is a really good one.

Well now I’m on the 1250RT until mid June whilst awaiting the F900xr repair to the clutch and sump.
I now have a heated seat lol

Attachments

• 39D8D745-8931-4B25-94FF-9392B5674725.jpeg
    39D8D745-8931-4B25-94FF-9392B5674725.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 441
It’s good to know the dealer ( I assume it’s robson’s ) is looking after you, but it’s shocking that your 900 is such a hanger queen.

Not Robsons it’s Marshall’s Grimsby, they gave me two demonstrators and now BMW uk have supplied the RT, re the 900xr repair it will have been two months awaiting parts by the time It’s returned lol

Back
Top Bottom