WOULD YOU BUY SECONDHAND KNEE BRACES?

Lee Frost

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seen a pair of second-hand Asterisk Cell braces for sale for a reasonable price. I've never owned braces before but I twisted my knee skiing a couple of winters ago and though it didn't need treatment and doesn't cause me pain, it does seemed weakened.
I'm thinking that knee braces might be a sensible precaution if I'm riding offroad (compared to usual knee/shin guards) and have an 'off', to reduce the risk of twisting the knee and making it worse. I don't ride offroad very often, so I can't afford/justify £500+ on a new set of braces.
But is it a daft idea to buy a used set, even if they do appear to be in decent condition? They would be posted to me so I'd buy unseen...

Based on the amount of sweat (and sometimes a little blood) that went through mine: no. Really not.

Yep, and wash em. You can get a set of £450 braces for £175.

The Asterisk jobs come apart nice and easily - soft bits in the washing machine, hard bits in the dishwasher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alternatively I have some Ossur/CTI braces if you’re interested - one of which is new old stock.

Thanks Nin. That's exactly my thinking. Bikers buy second-hand helmets all the time, so I'm figuring knee braces are no different if they haven't been trashed.

Yep, and wash em. You can get a set of £450 braces for £175.

The Asterisk jobs come apart nice and easily - soft bits in the washing machine, hard bits in the dishwasher.

Back
Top Bottom