Iridium spark plugs

sj_4x4

Reaction score
Anyone using them, did it make much of a difference, I put one in my old Honda single and it transformed it ?

Well hello again....yes I am and can’t say I noticed a whole heap of difference.

On a 2009 GS 40k miles on a set of iridium plugs and still good for loads more miles.
On the 2012 TC which eats plugs 12K and they need changing, I fitted a set of Denso iridium plugs ( NGK do not do an equivalent) the Denso ones were U/S after 18K miles.
I have fitted another set of Denso iridium as the fuel pressure had dropped during the life of the first set, so that in open loop the bike was running lean so this might have led to the degradation of the first set of Denso plugs.
Time will tell.

My airhead did not like them at all.

NGK or Denso iridium are the only plugs that i will fit to my engines after i did a back to back on the dyno.

All as clear as mud then !

I'm allergic to NGK's, so will give some Denso's a go and see what happens.

I’ve a Electronik Sasche digital ignition system on my R100/7. It also has twin Dyna coils. Iridium plugs are recommended for this system.
You have to be careful with NGK plugs. There are so many fakes on the market. I gave up buying them from jumble stalls and only get them from a bona fide dealer now.

i have been doing a bit running on a 21 RWHP RE Himalayan , and it has made me realize just how little of my Airheads 50ish HP I actually use in everyday running, as I don't seem to go much, if any, faster on my Airheads.
So yes, on the tiddler I notice the difference a Iridium plug makes, but not so much on the Airheads as i am probably only using half their actual output anyway. And even less of their potential output!
As Ritchie has found out, if you have a well tuned Airhead motor which is performing and being used to its full potential then you will notice the difference, and as they last longer and will probably slightly improve fuel consumption they are still worth fitting.

Back
Top Bottom