Alarm question -lease guys

You need to use either E-Sys or ISTA to code in the alarm - I don't think you can do it with a GS-911 ... I have a spare DWA module if you're interested, what MY is your bike?

You need to use either E-Sys or ISTA to code in the alarm - I don't think you can do it with a GS-911 ... I have a spare DWA module if you're interested, what MY is your bike?

It's 2020, I can get a dealer to do the coding. does it just fit straight in without the bracket or battery?

It's 2020, I can get a de aler to do the coding. does it just fit straight in without the bracket or battery?

Yes, single screw to hold it, and there are two tabs that the alarm unit "slots into". It's a simple fit - unplug the alarm resistor plug, and push the connector into the DWA/Alarm module. If you're having the dealer code it, you need to make sure you get the latest part number as the dealer ISTA system will only retrofit if the part number is what's expected for your bike year. The older modules will work fine if coded via E-Sys, but they totally stump the dealer systems.
65751541294 is the correct part number for a 2020 GS/GSA. HTH.

Yes, single screw to hold it, and there are two tabs that the alarm unit "slots into". It's a simple fit - unplug the alarm resistor plug, and push the connector into the DWA/Alarm module. If you're having the dealer code it, you need to make sure you get the latest part number as the dealer ISTA system will only retrofit if the part number is what's expected for your bike year. The older modules will work fine if coded via E-Sys, but they totally stump the dealer systems.
65751541294 is the correct part number for a 2020 GS/GSA. HTH.

Thanks for info, appreciated. Seems like I can get e-sys for about £80. What do you want for that spare module?

I thought the 2021 GS came fitted with a Datatool Stealth Tracker. Does this not do what an alarm would do and more. I believe you get a message if your bike is moved and then its tracked.

Mine has the tracker fitted but does not seem as good as the one fitted to my Africa twin Adventure sport on that ive only got to move the bike 3 foot and they are on the phone, the one on the GS I can move the bike out of the garage, down the side of the house and onto the drive and they still dont phone !! ill have to get the dealer to check it when i have the alarm fitted
Rob

That’s clearly not working. The first tracker installed on my bike was like that and was replaced. Now if I wrap a chain through the wheels etc and rock the bike a few times in the garage, not moving the bike, without the tracker fob to hand I get a phone call. They do say if the bike is turned off for a long time that the tracker fob goes to sleep, but it should wake up with ignition on.

I have the alarm fitted, but my mate does not. we are off on a road trip soon with some overnight stops, If my alarm goes off and there are some lads trying to put it in a van, all I can say they should have moved away when the alarm went off. :)

Mine has the tracker fitted but does not seem as good as the one fitted to my Africa twin Adventure sport on that ive only got to move the bike 3 foot and they are on the phone, the one on the GS I can move the bike out of the garage, down the side of the house and onto the drive and they still dont phone !! ill have to get the dealer to check it when i have the alarm fitted
Rob

My Bike trac would alarm by putting the top box on the bike... You might be able to ask the provider to the sensitivity down.

Back
Top Bottom