Kriega T18

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if these rucksacks can be used as your carry on luggage on a plane? :nenau I’ve not been on one for over 25 years so have no idea on what’s allowed nowadays. I’ve looked at luggage sizes for different airlines and would appear to be ok but would like to know for definite before buying one. Is the criteria that they have to fit in the overhead lockers? Ta.

I’ve got the R25 and it’s been all over world with me as carry on. Not the same bag I know, but maybe helps as I assume it’s a physically larger bag.

No they cannot. The bags are confiscated and thrown into the bin. You then have to go to stand at the back of the check-in queue again and wear a special badge.

That being said, a mate tells me that he has smuggled a similar sized bag onto a Ryan Air flight to Sebastopol (close to Stockholm, he was assured) by sticking it up his jumper.

No they cannot. The bags are confiscated and thrown into the bin. You then have to go to stand at the back of the check-in queue again and wear a special badge.

That being said, a mate tells me that he has smuggled a similar sized bag onto a Ryan Air flight to Sebastopol (close to Stockholm, he was assured) by sticking it up his jumper.

Can you ever answer a post for genuine help without being sarcastic, god it gets wearing after a while :rolleyes:

Why not give the OP a nice helpful answer such as:

Google Kriega. Click on the Kriega website. Enter T18 into the Kriega search function. Scroll down to the specs section and take a note of the dimensions.

Google Easyjet (for it is Easyjet that fly to Iceland). Click on the Easyjet website. Enter baggage allowance into the Easyjet search function. Take a not of the max dimensions allowed.

Compare the results of the two searches.

Using that comparison decide whether or not a T18 will be allowed as hand baggage.

There Wapping, see, it's not hard to give a helpful, non sarcastic answer is it :thumb2

OP, HTH :)

Andres

The T18 is 445mm x 250mm x 170mm.

I find RyanAir tends to be the smallest allowance at 400mm x 25mm x 20mm, but there are smaller.

Now, most don't tend to measure, but have a 'size bin' - if it fits, it is ok.

As a rucksack, unless fully packed to the brim, its flexibility may be ok, but as with all these things - get a prick at the desk and you will have to pay or put it in the hold if it doesn't fit their guidelines.

Travelling on an Easyjet flight back in 2013 I used an Oxford tank bag as my carry on luggage. It fitted the 'size box' at the airport the only question I was asked was whether there were any magnets, there weren't. I still don't know the significance of the question.

tom

I once took a 30 kg yellowfin tuna onto a Turks and Caicos National Airlines flight. It was bigger than the Kriega bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to hijack your post but also in a similar vein has anyone any experience of taking a crash helmet on a flight as hand baggage?

Sorry to hijack your post but also in a similar vein has anyone any experience of taking a crash helmet on a flight as hand baggage?

Four or five years ago now but not a problem IME. That was on a short haul and trans-Atlantic flight :thumb2

Andres

Travelling on an Easyjet flight back in 2013 I used an Oxford tank bag as my carry on luggage. It fitted the 'size box' at the airport the only question I was asked was whether there were any magnets, there weren't. I still don't know the significance of the question.

tom
I’m guessing they could affect sensors on the plane? :nenau
Or they don’t want to let anyone stick something to somewhere that could go bang at a later date?

Four or five years ago now but not a problem IME. That was on a short haul and trans-Atlantic flight :thumb2

Andres

Can you ware it or does some job worth tell you to take it of? I has a flippy front so the cnut can see me boat less there blind.

Can you ever answer a post for genuine help without being sarcastic, god it gets wearing after a while :rolleyes:

Why not give the OP a nice helpful answer such as:

Google Kriega. Click on the Kriega website. Enter T18 into the Kriega search function. Scroll down to the specs section and take a note of the dimensions.

Google Easyjet (for it is Easyjet that fly to Iceland). Click on the Easyjet website. Enter baggage allowance into the Easyjet search function. Take a not of the max dimensions allowed.

Compare the results of the two searches.

Using that comparison decide whether or not a T18 will be allowed as hand baggage.

There Wapping, see, it's not hard to give a helpful, non sarcastic answer is it :thumb2

OP, HTH :)

Andres

Icelandair, do to.

Anyways no body must go Iceland cos they oaned northern rock wich went bust an took savins of Woking man. Cnuts.

Back
Top Bottom