F800 - 2 great mods

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Finally got round to fitting the new front sprocket I bought last year, one tooth more and what a difference it makes. Much more relaxed, deceptive, found I was doing 70 thinking it was 60, that wee buzz at 70 has gone.
And I got a Givi Airflow on this site for a very good price and just fitted it, they don't do one for the 800 but the one for the 700 fits if you faff about a wee bit with the brackets. Good day to test it as I went 30 miles away for an MOT and it went down to 2.5 degrees and tried to snow, screen up a bit and very comfy behind it. Very happy.
Bar risers on the work bench waiting to go on.

Others worth doing?

Finally got round to fitting the new front sprocket I bought last year, one tooth more and what a difference it makes. Much more relaxed, deceptive, found I was doing 70 thinking it was 60, that wee buzz at 70 has gone.
And I got a Givi Airflow on this site for a very good price and just fitted it, they don't do one for the 800 but the one for the 700 fits if you faff about a wee bit with the brackets. Good day to test it as I went 30 miles away for an MOT and it went down to 2.5 degrees and tried to snow, screen up a bit and very comfy behind it. Very happy.
Bar risers on the work bench waiting to go on.

Others worth doing?

Hyperpro progressive springs and heavier fork oil transforms the bike in my opinion.

+1 for the hyperpro fronts.. ended up changing the rear long story cant say there's much difference personally.

With the 17 tooth front sprocket u should be doing 70mpg. Only other improve is get a F800GSA.

Back
Top Bottom