Waiting for parts

Do I need tools to fit the air wing thingies.
I have a screw driver and hammer.

Don’t drill the holes in the pannier lid in the wrong place.............

Going to hop over to see the bikes and put the RK back together in the morning:rolleyes:......fed up of being housebound now :mad:

Attachments

• tank rk.jpg
    tank rk.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 76
  • bare rk.jpg
    bare rk.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 78
B&S looks good on the tank...

I thought that. I had actually bought some proper RK chrome metal tank badges but thought the black B&S suited the bike a lot more. More.....understated.:nenau

On a serious note do you just mark the holes out and drill plus a bit of silicone on bolts ?

Look on the underside of the lids.... you stand a good chance of finding the drill holes marked by the mould? Will make easier if they have done that..

Rather then silicon ( squeeze mess) I’d source some rubber/silicon washers that are the correct size for the fixings..

If room inside I’d add some penny washers to spread the internal load....

Anyone else find that you are waiting a long time for stuff lately.
Still waiting for stuff i ordered a few weeks ago and wanted some heated grips and wait time was possibly August.

Contacted Chester HD last week enquiring about some new handlebars. Not in stock and the order time will be December.:eek:
Similar at Chesterfield and Manchester but not quite as bad.

Had a search round on 'tinternt and found this company in Scotland.

https://vtwinmania.co.uk/index.php?cPath=34&page=1&sort=2a

Ordered on Thursday, bars arrive this Monday. Oh, and a lot cheaper.

Look on the underside of the lids.... you stand a good chance of finding the drill holes marked by the mould? Will make easier if they have done that..

Rather then silicon ( squeeze mess) I’d source some rubber/silicon washers that are the correct size for the fixings..

If room inside I’d add some penny washers to spread the internal load....

Nice one pal. I will have a look cheers.

Nice one pal. I will have a look cheers.

There is also a vid on youTube of a chap fitting them and how to do it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ekvg2Gciydo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He doesn't go into huge detail though.

There is also a vid on youTube of a chap fitting them and how to do it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ekvg2Gciydo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He doesn't go into huge detail though.

Cheers Si.
How much are new panniers.:augie

Cheers Si.
How much are new panniers.:augie

Armed with your hammer, screwdriver and bolster chisel, you are unlikely to find out, you are over equipped for the job!

On a more serious note, when you have ascertained where the holes have to go, mark the spot and apply some tape to help with a clean hole (stops the hole edges splintering), like you would drilling a fixing hole in a tile wall. Then either use a step drill bit or drill increasingly larger pilot holes until you get to the size you need. Being a H-D product, I'm surprised if there wasn't an instruction manual the size of the bible with it?

Replace the pop studs, by removing, drilling through the leather and use small S/S bolts, penny washers and lock nuts...... you WILL thank me for this, when your bags don’t “pop off” underway....

Harley.....just keep adding as much weight to the rear end until the suspension is no longer oversprung :D

I agree with Doris.
Bloody mugs for buying those.

Replace the pop studs, by removing, drilling through the leather and use small S/S bolts, penny washers and lock nuts...... you WILL thank me for this, when your bags don’t “pop off” underway....

Cheers mate, I've already started doing that:thumb2. The ones I bought are made by 'Saddlemen' and they are shite, I wish I'd never bought them. Luckily they were cheap. They were never going to stay on with just the poppers. If yours are still available, I could find a new home for them.:nenau:thumb2

Mostly back in one piece now;)......but knee hurts:mad:

Attachments

• bikerk1.jpg
    bikerk1.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 82
  • bikerk2.jpg
    bikerk2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 85

Back
Top Bottom