Airhead twin Koni shocks - rebuild or replace?

TheCadman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It’s time to renew the Koni shocks on my twin shock R80RS. Ideally I’d have them rebuilt, so if anyone has any recommendations as to who could do it, I’d be most grateful. Having searched here and elsewhere, it seems is if it’s not really a diy job.

Alternatively, or if I cannot find anyone, what would people recommend as a replacement? The Ikons are an obvious choice, but I’m happy to upgrade

Thanks

Graham

I rebuilt the dial a rides on my Norton Rotary......the first hurdle was finding an overhaul kit, I think I got it from Gutsibits ..... the second problem was undoing the top collar which has two holes for a pin spanner..... I ended up filing two flats on the collar to use a large spanner and it was still properly fecking tight, but eventually came undone.

I found a blog online where someone rebuilt a set and gave the type and quantity of oil; they went back together just fine, worked perfectly and were still on the bike when I sold it two years ago... there is nothing there you can't do and if they are decent they are worth the trouble......

On the other hand......these people will do it for you.

https://www.performanceparts-ltd.co...re-the-new-uk-distributor-for-ikon-suspension

Back
Top Bottom