I am seriously considering

European Harleys are assembled in Thailand....

You wouldn’t think a modern bike would need setting up and have slack taken out the throttle etc,with zero miles on the bike !

Yamaha specify a certain amount of slack at the twistgrip. Mine was set spot-on to the prescribed amount but had the same grabby throttle response described. It just needs tweaking slightly to remove the slack. Easy enough job and certainly not a reason to choose a different bike imo.

What do you reckon on the T7 now you've had it awhile, is it a keeper?

Andres

Yeh it suits me, most of our trails have been regraded in the Dales (and Moors) now, so it copes with most of them fine and can do some backroad stuff.
Really want to to try it out in Spain and/or Pyrenees - got some good routes, which would be ideal for a bike like that and an on/offroad tour
Maybe should have bought a 690e:D (I have 2 KTM dealers 4 miles away, in both local towns nearest to me)
Quite fancy a smaller enduro too, especially after yesterday's wet day in the Dales, maybe should get a tuning fork full house

I thought the Husky was Sweden

It's a Swedish brand now owned by KTM. Originally built in Sweden, then Italy when owned by MV and subsequently BWM......

The 701 is essentially a tweaked KTM 690. I haven't a clue where the Husky's are assembled these days :nenau

Yeh it suits me, most of our trails have been regraded in the Dales (and Moors) now, so it copes with most of them fine and can do some backroad stuff.
Really want to to try it out in Spain and/or Pyrenees - got some good routes, which would be ideal for a bike like that and an on/offroad tour
Maybe should have bought a 690e:D (I have 2 KTM dealers 4 miles away, in both local towns nearest to me)
Quite fancy a smaller enduro too, especially after yesterday's wet day in the Dales, maybe should get a tuning fork full house

You sound confused ;) Glad you're pleased with it and yeah, some of the Picos trails would be great on a bike like that :thumb2

Andres

You sound confused ;)

Glad you're pleased with it and yeah, some of the Picos trails would be great on a bike like that :thumb2

Andres

That’s what I got it for ...touring on mixed roads abroad, where the GS Adv would be too heavy especially as we get older

So far it’s pretty capable at most things and a bit GS like in terms of versatility

Reckon I should flush the garage and get a decent 250 enduro

pretty sure the 690/701 is made in Austria at the moment.

I’ve never understood this snatchy throttle complaining... yes some bikes (Yamaha Ducati and Triumph to name the obvious) have a little bit of play off the stop but unless you’re hitting the throttle like an over enthusiastic butcher pounding a rump of meat then it really isn’t a problem.

Or buy a throttle spacer if it upsets your sensitive girly strength grip too much. :D

I’ve never understood this snatchy throttle complaining... yes some bikes (Yamaha Ducati and Triumph to name the obvious) have a little bit of play off the stop but unless you’re hitting the throttle like an over enthusiastic butcher pounding a rump of meat then it really isn’t a problem.

Or buy a throttle spacer if it upsets your sensitive girly strength grip too much. :D

I've never had an issue with the throttle, nor the suspension, nor the lack of power, nor the lack of gadgetery yet those and such as those would have me believe it's not fit to ride the streets of this fine cuntry.

Back
Top Bottom