Kalamata metallic matt paint

Had the 3M venture shield fitted to my 1250 TE exclusive, the pieces are gloss and matte to correspond to the panel finish
Yes if you look real close you can see the edge of the film in places but they have saved the beak from 3 good stone chips

+1 for the Vulcanet wipes, shift all sorts off

Every now and again they are on cheap offer, had them from infinity and M&P when they are

Attachments

• 20200623_155215.jpg
    20200623_155215.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 165
Makes you wonder how harsh it is on the paint long term, if its that effective at cleaning. I was chatting to chap off this very forum some years ago who ran a fleet of Minis for an estate agent firm in London. Each car had a graphic on the bonnet which showed a photo of the engine underneath. He showed me one that was cleaned (over a period of time) by the local hand wash dudes with their unmarked white spray bottles. It was almost invisible when compared side by side to newer one. Just worth considering the long term effects of using harsh chemicals on paintwork and plastics if the bike is a keeper.

Can I ask what automotive glass cleaner people recommend , if there is one

What am I missing here, it’s a GSA, it’s meant to be muddy and dirty and look rufty tufty. A lair of mud and dirt will deflect all sorts. Baby wipes for bikes, next you’ll have hair driers

:blast

Depends on what you mean by matt.

The color layer is indeed matt, and then it's coated by a clear pint layer, where the clear paint used is the matt type..

Yes , that what I was trying to say , badly. The colour is ‘matte’ but it’s not a Matt finish so you don’t have to worry too much about using polishes. If you use an ordinary gloss polish on a proper Matt finish then the polish actually fills in the microscopic peaks & troughs in the paint that would normally stop it reflecting the light back so it’s starts to look shiny.

Makes you wonder how harsh it is on the paint long term, if its that effective at cleaning. I was chatting to chap off this very forum some years ago who ran a fleet of Minis for an estate agent firm in London. Each car had a graphic on the bonnet which showed a photo of the engine underneath. He showed me one that was cleaned (over a period of time) by the local hand wash dudes with their unmarked white spray bottles. It was almost invisible when compared side by side to newer one. Just worth considering the long term effects of using harsh chemicals on paintwork and plastics if the bike is a keeper.

They not harsh, they are like baby wipes in a way but they have a slight mesh to them which traps the dirt and they are also impregnated with a kind of oily polish which you then buff off with the included micro fibre cloth . Makes the bike look nice and shiny. I generally use them for minor cleaning, bugs etc when the bike isn’t really dirty, surface dust or areas where you don’t want to put loads of water ; under the seat, around the instruments or switches. They are great for ‘detailing’ the bike and used as such a tub will last quite a long time. My first tub lasted a couple a few years, still on my second bought last year.

Back
Top Bottom