Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Post Brexit - Green card

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    so you could be related to Henry V or Dai y Defaid? You will never know.
    Indeed. But I’ve been described (by some at least) as more of a Richard III.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Indeed. But I’ve been described (by some at least) as more of a Richard III.
    "And then the little Richard the third got up and flew away".

Quote Originally Posted by ChazzyB View Post
    "And then the little Richard the third got up and flew away".

That’s the fellow. One of the great sketches.

Don’t Panic ! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Dick shit ?

Quote Originally Posted by EVskij View Post

So these Brexitiers,
    I had the misfortune to engage with a ex prospective UKIP candidate. It must be a mental disease, in the 10 minute conversation after we finished our business the subject of: COVID (a Cabal is running the show, Chinese etc), Hitler was misunderstood, Economy/Banking (Cabal is running the show, Nigel was not interested , Boris has sold us out (Cabal...), vaccination (Stats are wrong, Cabal...). Now one thing was apparent and a name of a company was popping up all the time in the conversation: GOOGLE!
    For him if you Google such and such you will discover the truth...bless him
    If you have been affected,offended by any of the issues raised call free on 06213111566 . Not a fat cat...

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
    I had the misfortune to engage with a ex prospective UKIP candidate. It must be a mental disease, in the 10 minute conversation after we finished our business the subject of: COVID (a Cabal is running the show, Chinese etc), Hitler was misunderstood, Economy/Banking (Cabal is running the show, Nigel was not interested , Boris has sold us out (Cabal...), vaccination (Stats are wrong, Cabal...). Now one thing was apparent and a name of a company was popping up all the time in the conversation: GOOGLE!
    For him if you Google such and such you will discover the truth...bless him
    obviously too fucking stupid to be breathing ?????
    ''Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men''

Quote Originally Posted by bowser View Post
    obviously too fucking stupid to be breathing ?????
    People with believes are not inherently stupid, I just never come across someone who is borderline fanatical about everything. I suppose if you mingle with like minded people you seem normal, social media has a lot to answer to this phenomenon.
    If you have been affected,offended by any of the issues raised call free on 06213111566 . Not a fat cat...

just so you realize that it is illegal to ride a French plated bike in the uk if your a UK resident? It can be seized.
    @bowser - I have been trying to find the legislation on this as I am getting contradictory advice. Could you guide me towards it pls? The general consensus (partially informed I admit) is that it is OK to drive an EU registered car in the UK by a UK resident for 6 months. It would make sense but I realise assuming logic is dangerous! Many thanks

It is against the law to drive a forigen registered vehicle in the uk if a uk resident (note its residency that is the important point not nationality) the only exceptions are if it is a hire or company owned vehicle, or it is a import and is in the process of being imported (ie you have stared the process, have an appointment for inspection etc)

The 6 month thing is if you are NOT a permeant uk resident, so visiting for 6 months then drive fine, once 6 months is up OR you become a uk resident then you cant drive a non uk reg vehicle in the UK.

The legislation actually applies right across Europe, used not to be enforced, with the addition of the ex Warsaw pact countries into the EU it became a massive problem with people bring their cars over and driving them on the overseas plates, effectively avoiding the need for uk insurance, mot etc.

We would do a check, if the driver had a uk driving record, a job in the uk, paid council tax, paid income tax etc ie proof of residency then it would get seized.

here is a good site with all the information https://katsgoneglobal.com/how-to-dr...car-in-the-uk/
    ''Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men''

Thank you. Very helpful and very clear. Cheers

Interesting (or not) until the need for a Green Card is waived again, some countries * require a separate Green Card for any trailer towed and for the vehicle on the trailer. So, a motorbike towed on a trailer behind a car, would require three Green Cards in all. Equity Red Star (ERS) have just issued three separate Green Cards for a friend of mine, towing his vintage car to Germany.

There again, the chances of being pulled over for a document check are pretty small, so some will no doubt wing it.

* Germany, for example.

It is against the law to drive a forigen registered vehicle in the uk if a uk resident (note its residency that is the important point not nationality) the only exceptions are if it is a hire or company owned vehicle, or it is a import and is in the process of being imported (ie you have stared the process, have an appointment for inspection etc)

The 6 month thing is if you are NOT a permeant uk resident, so visiting for 6 months then drive fine, once 6 months is up OR you become a uk resident then you cant drive a non uk reg vehicle in the UK.

The legislation actually applies right across Europe, used not to be enforced, with the addition of the ex Warsaw pact countries into the EU it became a massive problem with people bring their cars over and driving them on the overseas plates, effectively avoiding the need for uk insurance, mot etc.

We would do a check, if the driver had a uk driving record, a job in the uk, paid council tax, paid income tax etc ie proof of residency then it would get seized.

here is a good site with all the information https://katsgoneglobal.com/how-to-dr...car-in-the-uk/
    A friend of mine ran into this when riding his Nepalese registered and number plated Enfield around in London. Eventually he was ‘persuaded’ to book it in for official import.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910