Classic 500

859e45b9f4d4778d33ce446c8b5bc4d0.jpg

Clocked !

Went to dealer for a coupe of things as it’s also local parts shop and they gave me the welcome pack that original owner never picked up . So I got key ring, pin badge, mug, neck warmer thingy .
Also got given a can of matt spray paint which used to be supplied free with the bikes till recently .
Touched up a couple of small scratches using a lid and match stick . Perfect .

b34e8183bd417329d19793c9afdb904d.jpg

She’s sat on it and said it seems very firm
:augie :D

859e45b9f4d4778d33ce446c8b5bc4d0.jpg

Clocked !

Went to dealer for a coupe of things as it’s also local parts shop and they gave me the welcome pack that original owner never picked up . So I got key ring, pin badge, mug, neck warmer thingy .
Also got given a can of matt spray paint which used to be supplied free with the bikes till recently .
Touched up a couple of small scratches using a lid and match stick . Perfect .

b34e8183bd417329d19793c9afdb904d.jpg

Going to hopefully take wife out later. She’s sat on it and said it seems very firm , which is a good sign. Should be ok as it’s leather touring seat which is an optional accessory on lesser Bullets !!

The riders seat is definitely better on the limited edition model, I had a brief ride on the desert storm version a friend owns while he rode mine and we both agreed that the leather touring seat is an improvement but the idiot says he won't buy one because it won't look right :blast

I didn't get anything more than a couple of keyrings with mine even though it was straight out of the showroom so now I feel cheated.

I’ve ordered a Hitchcock exhaust.
Cant get the black heat shield so will get chrome one and have it ceracoated locally.
I spoke to previous owner and he said he fitted an NGK iridium plug, different air filter plus some booster plug thingy which has a sensor which picks up air pressure.
He said it runs much better than standard and there is far less engine breaking than before so much smoother.
Obviously I can’t compare as have never ridden a standard bike.

Great service from Hitchcocks.

Exhaust arrived in 2 days .

Before

fca7220011af6cba8e1f825f8406cb46.jpg

After

61cf6d65ecb4d1dac0a2957e0dd134f6.jpg

Weight difference is incredible and sounds so much better . Not silly loud but just throatier.

Just need to get chrome heat shield ceracoated now .

Took it out for a spin and it’s fabulous.
Sounds exactly like you think it should.Seems a tad smoother with a bit more mid range too.

Worth every penny.

Great service from Hitchcocks.

Exhaust arrived in 2 days .

Before

fca7220011af6cba8e1f825f8406cb46.jpg

After

61cf6d65ecb4d1dac0a2957e0dd134f6.jpg

Weight difference is incredible and sounds so much better . Not silly loud but just throatier.

Just need to get chrome heat shield ceracoated now .

Took it out for a spin and it’s fabulous.
Sounds exactly like you think it should.Seems a tad smoother with a bit more mid range too.

Worth every penny.
Much better

The original silencer just looked wrong to me, it shouldn’t stick out past the back tyre. Replacement looks like how RE should have built it in the first place.

It looks as if it matches the finish on the downtube so I think I know what my next item of retail therapy will be.

It looks as if it matches the finish on the downtube so I think I know what my next item of retail therapy will be.

This is the one you need :

1b528b4db24b229ddc8ff5cd71b46513.jpg

And you’ll need this heat shield :

e7249f356e078ec8e530998a0ac2cdda.jpg

Like I said above, Hitchcocks havent got any black heat shields and unlikely to get any more as the quality was below par.
Only option is to get a chrome one and powder coat/ceracoat it.

You don’t have to fit one but it covers up the gap and hides the clip from the OE exhaust :

abc518c6cbeb708833c308fc71c537bc.jpg

It’s does sound much better though.
Uploaded a vid, but you can never really get a good idea from them….

https://youtu.be/XLyvAgeyeu4

It does sound a bit better than standard or at least a bit less strangled. You can paint chrome if you etch it first so if you struggle getting the new heat shield cerakoted you could order a can of etch primer and some 2 pack satin black paint then try it on the inside.

I see you’ve also got a clock for the steering stem nut, was that another purchase from Hitchcock?

I’ll be having a few weeks off shortly so a new exhaust will be going on the bike and I’ll ACF50 it all over in case we get one of those dry but chilly winter days when I feel like going for a quick trundle around a few local lanes. I’ve also got a test ride booked on that new Suzuki as soon as my local dealer gets one in so I’ll be bunging a new battery in my Kawasaki and dipping a toe in the water to see if I can find a buyer if I like the Suzuki, I can’t keep buying new bikes with nowhere to keep them :blast

It does sound a bit better than standard or at least a bit less strangled. You can paint chrome if you etch it first so if you struggle getting the new heat shield cerakoted you could order a can of etch primer and some 2 pack satin black paint then try it on the inside.

I see you’ve also got a clock for the steering stem nut, was that another purchase from Hitchcock?

I’ll be having a few weeks off shortly so a new exhaust will be going on the bike and I’ll ACF50 it all over in case we get one of those dry but chilly winter days when I feel like going for a quick trundle around a few local lanes. I’ve also got a test ride booked on that new Suzuki as soon as my local dealer gets one in so I’ll be bunging a new battery in my Kawasaki and dipping a toe in the water to see if I can find a buyer if I like the Suzuki, I can’t keep buying new bikes with nowhere to keep them :blast

Clock was from local bike shop, made by Oxford Products.

c2820bd444b3f308f945ec94adb0d82d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom