I had a hankering for something a bit outside of the norm....

wanderingmerv

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, This came home with me. FTR1200 race replica. Just wondered if anyone else fell into this rabbit hole?

Attachments

• Indian_FTR_1200_RR.jpg
    Indian_FTR_1200_RR.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 452
  • Indian_FTR_1200_RR2.jpg
    Indian_FTR_1200_RR2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 459
Loved the concept/racer FTR, first bikes were apparently spoiled by poor fuelling, hopefully now sorted. That looks a hoot to ride, do let us know how you get on :thumb

I love the look of those and will be interested to see how you get on with it over time

I keep looking at the new Carbon with the smaller wheels and more road focussed approach ....

Lovely :) I'm the opposite to Redrick and much prefer this version, much more 'flat track' looking :thumb2

As Oblertone says, please give some updates as you go along, I'm interested to see what you think of the bike.

Andres

Cheers! Got its first spin on Saturday, went for a run with Joxer from this parish. It's definitely at home on smaller roads. High speeds are noisy and the wind tries push you off the bike. Handles well, brakes fine, Engine bonkers. I've not chanced switching into sport mode yet. It's not sports / race bike quick, but more than quick enough to be grinning from ear to ear. :) I had to fil the tank 3 times within 24 hours of owning it, so I guess that's a good sign that I like it :)

I do however foresee a lot of coffee stops in my future.. It seems my Irish arse is a different shape to American arses.

There could be something to the smaller wheels, This is a tallish bike. It's the same, or slightly higher than my 850gs which has the lower seat. Possibly because the seat is wide on the Indian, The legs have a hard time reaching the ground. I'm about 5' 9".

Hyperpro also do a lowered set of springs for this bike, letting you stick with the larger wheels.

So, This came home with me. FTR1200 race replica. Just wondered if anyone else fell into this rabbit hole?

Yeah I did, bought new from Saltire bikes in Edinburgh. One of the first in the country in 2019.
I had it for one week then took it to Assen MotoGP. Engine was rough as a 90,s Ducati but was a hoot to ride with decent suspension and brakes. As a fun second bike it was good but it had to many minus points, like terrible fueling and was the worst bike I’ve ever had to fill with fuel, it took ages to fill it,s dinky tank as the pipe from the filler to the actual tank under the seat was very narrow and bubbled back fuel.
I owned the bike for a year and a half then sold it to get back on a 1250 gs, lost £5000 when I traded it in so hopefully you bought it second hand or plan to hold on to it for a few years.
My FTR 1200 RR was my only bike so was just not practical as an everyday bike but was good fun to hoon around on.
Hope this helps,

Loved the concept/racer FTR, first bikes were apparently spoiled by poor fuelling, hopefully now sorted. That looks a hoot to ride, do let us know how you get on :thumb

Me too,really liked the Roland Sands flat track prototype with high level pipes.

Kimbo

I was lucky, Found a 2nd hand with under 4,000 km on it, hefty price drop in order with what you said. Hopefully it will slow down its price drop, but thats not why I bought it. For me it's a 2nd bike, one with a bit of a wild and weird character. Yes, The fulling up on fuel is finiky, vibrates a bit, Runs rough till it warms. I guess I could be describing the bike or myself so I think we will get along :)

That looks really nice but the front mudguard is a waste of space.

I have a power bronze small screen and front fender extender (never been fitted) and rear bobbins for sale if your interested.

Back
Top Bottom