Tourance next tyres

farmermo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Had my gs a couple of weeks now and I’m getting a vibration through the pegs when there is any sort of rough road surface.
Could this be down to the Tourance next tyres? They’re brand new.
The bike has covered 5k miles.
Never had this on a bike before, a little disconcerting at times.
Cheers

Hi farmermo,

I also experienced a similar thing with Tourance tyres - not only vibes but also an annoying whining noise too - if it were a car the mechanic you would say that the rear diff was knackered!

I swapped them out for some Michelin Pilots and all was well!

Good luck chap.

Thanks for the swift reply, as I’ve only just bought the bike they’ll have to stay on there a while

I've had no problems with Tourance Next Tyres on my 1200 much better than the wine from the annarke 3s it came with. Not had them on a 1250. There shouldn't be vibration through the pegs with well balanced tyres. If you are going to keep em, I'd get them rebalanced? No disrespect to Gosquirrel but there is a difference between Tourence and Tourence Next. Tourence is more of an off road focused tyre and therefore probably more noisy on tarmac?

Have tourance next on my lc 1200, very happy, were on the bike when bought, no issue's here.

Get a vibration through the pegs now and then for just a second as if you’ve run over something

Don’t think it’s tyre related as it happens with different brands on, I think it’s just another “characteristic” of the GS :D

Also get the whining but have had it with various tyres and on different bikes, doesn’t bother me in the slightest, some folks change tyres because of it :nenau

Hi everyone
Had my gs a couple of weeks now and I’m getting a vibration through the pegs when there is any sort of rough road surface.
Could this be down to the Tourance next tyres? They’re brand new.
The bike has covered 5k miles.
Never had this on a bike before, a little disconcerting at times.
Cheers

It's a GS thing, you will get used to it.

Thanks for the replies, I’ve since put a bit more pressure in the rear tyre, which has helped.
I am getting used to it now, but knowing it’s not just my bike is quite reassuring.

Back
Top Bottom