Engine modes and damping modes question

BigKev67

Reaction score
Today I had a dealer test ride on a GSA 1250 Adventure TE Rallye.
I found the ROAD throttle response a bit slow, DYNAMIC was better. The switch between ROAD and DYNAMIC seemed to also switch between the damping settings, also called ROAD and DYNAMIC
So as I dont have a bike to play with I have a question. If you want to have a DYNAMIC throttle response but prefer the softer ROAD damping setting can you do that or are you stuck with ROAD/ROAD and DYNAMIC/DYNAMIC.
I understand in the PRO mode you can customise a Throttle setting, but I am not sure if that customisation includes damping. Also its odd that you are stuck with only two damping settings, it would be nice to be able to dial in your damping.

Yes you can have dynamic throttle , you just need to change the suspension to road from the auto dynamic when you first elected it. It’s a double press on the button .The button is the one with the abs and the shock symbol

Yes you can have dynamic throttle , you just need to change the suspension to road from the auto dynamic when you first elected it. It’s a double press on the button .The button is the one with the abs and the shock symbol

But only keep setting with red plug after 1st service correct, if not bike go back to standard road, I think.

my 20 plate 1250 stays in Dynamic throttle and road suspension once set. No need to keep resetting it and i haven't fitted the red plug .

Cheers

What is this red plug ? and what does first service have to do with modes - I am new to the tech on GS

the red plug is under the seat and allows enduro pro mode. No idea what the first service has to d with it ???

I think they’ve done away with plugs on 2021 bikes, it’s available to pre programme 4 of 7 modes for quick access from the mode button

Slightly off topic, I had my 15 GS MOT done last Friday and when I was handed the bike back it seemed to be running strangely, at first I thought is was me as I’ve not ridden it for a couple of months because of lockdown ect. Anyway I had to stop in traffic after about a mile and looked down at the dash and saw that it was in Rain mode, I always ride in Dynamic So switched it back and hey presto I got my bike back to normal for me. The MOT chap had obviously been pressing the buttons to find the lights ect and had inadvertently reset my mode.

Been after that for ages ! Thanks Stick.
Will try that next ride.

My nephew's bike (2020) needed the red plug. My bike (Jan 2021) doesn't need the red plug.

It does need you to have purchased the "Riding Mode Pro" option though. This also gives you the option to have Hill Start Assist activate automatically - without this you can only activate it manually. The Riding Mode Pro option will be included with some models, for example the TE, or can be specified individually.

It does need you to have purchased the "Riding Mode Pro" option though. This also gives you the option to have Hill Start Assist activate automatically - without this you can only activate it manually. The Riding Mode Pro option will be included with some models, for example the TE, or can be specified individually.

Mine is the TE, so that all sounds about right!

Back
Top Bottom