Wiring looms

Combine man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have recently got a 03 1150 GS,only regret didn't buy one years ago! Has got63k miles on clock,goes well, main worry is the degrading of the wiring loom covers,have wrapped in tape as a temporary measure.
Still debating trading up for a late twin cam,if we keep the 1150 I have a few jobs to do,needs all brake hoses changing,bit of play in paralever pivot,general paint up of frame under seat etc.
Main job is the wiring,debating new loom,haven't removed tank yet to check what joiners are used if spade type do people replace with pin style plugs,as you would need to remove them to shrink wrap the looms properly.
Looking at the wiring diagram not too bad to replace,will decide when we can check the condition of the wires.
What is the usual fix for this,does any one do a loom or can you get OEM still?
Good read this forum,lots of knowledgeable owners.

Just check wires itself hot braking down, if not why replacing, just wrap with loom tape should be good, loads older bikes around with no bother.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Just as a precaution I'd cut the cable tie under the headstock that holds the ignition loom as it exits the switch; constant turning work hardens the wiring leading to failure. A new short section is available as a repair.

Back
Top Bottom