1250 GS Screen

GSMarky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm after a slightly larger screen than standard on my 1250 GS & think the light tint Puig Touring Screen with deflector looks the part.

Can anyone with one fitted comment or possibly post up a pic' please?

As the standard screen tends to flex a bit should I also fit some strengthening braces too while I'm at it?

Thanks Folks!

Personally I found the puig one a little to intrusive. However fitting a deflector to the standard screen worked perfectly. Could ride at 70 with my visor open and no buffering. It also didn’t impede my vision.

Personally I found the puig one a little to intrusive. However fitting a deflector to the standard screen worked perfectly. Could ride at 70 with my visor open and no buffering. It also didn’t impede my vision.

I think this might be my preferred option seeing as no Puig screens in stock it seems..

fitted a Puig touring screen plus Cymarc braces to my 1250GSA. good job

Barry

They certainly look the part.

I'm off on a week's tour end of May so looks like I'll be going with the standard screen due to lack of Puig stock.. At least I have a Neotec now which is far quieter and less affected By buffeting than the X4.

MRA

I have a spare MRA touring screen in smoke with the extra spoiler if you're interested. This is it on the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 467
  • 67131_xl.jpg
    67131_xl.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 442
I’ve a larger one that I used for two rides only. Too big for me at 5’7
Comes with its own stainless brace. Was over £100 from NN
Also have a pair of Cymarc braces that’ll be going in the sales section soon

Fitted the MRA smoked vario screen, much better for me than the original on 1250GS
Vibrated quite a bit at certain speeds, tried the Puig supports but were useless, ordered the CYmarc ones which are a better fit but don't get rid of all the wobble, just make it less intrusive

I have a spare MRA touring screen in smoke with the extra spoiler if you're interested. This is it on the bike.

Yes - I'm interested.

Drop me a PM if you would and we can discuss.

thx

Puig screen and Puig brackets as well for me. No spoiler. Looks ok, made a huge difference in noise. Retains adjustability, but I found the right position and tightened the bolts in the brackets for even more support. It feels far more sturdy than the original screen.

The height for me is perfect - well underneath eye line. That is going to depend on individual height, seat options, etc.

Obviously this is of limited help if you can't find a Puig screen available anywhere.

Puig screen and Puig brackets as well for me. No spoiler. Looks ok, made a huge difference in noise. Retains adjustability, but I found the right position and tightened the bolts in the brackets for even more support. It feels far more sturdy than the original screen.

The height for me is perfect - well underneath eye line. That is going to depend on individual height, seat options, etc.

Obviously this is of limited help if you can't find a Puig screen available anywhere.

Thank you. Looks like there might be a solution on offer here from the forum. Failing that I’ll hang on for a Puig to be in stock.

Adventure screen

I tried an Adventure pattern screen on mine, but change back to the standard, as I found although less wind hit the top of my helmet the wind around the side appeared to be worse. ie the small standard screen appeared to give a smoother flow. Maybe it is the width that caused more buffeting type noise. Different Earplugs also make a huge difference. I got some of those moulded to your ear jobs at one of the Bike Shows and I find them terrible, even though they are comfortable .
Cheers

There is a Madstad option that works very well if you like the the looks. I have one if you're interested.

Hi! I also have an almost new tinted/smoked MRA touring screen and brand new (still in packaging) Cymarc strengthening bracket kit available as I’ve sold my GS. PM me if interested!

Back
Top Bottom