How to update maps on a 660 - Thanks to leedude03

Wapping

Reaction score
To download maps from garmin on the web to your pc, connect your garmin nav, open express go to View details, then go to instalation options and select computer only. should be good to go, if asked for a region select the one you want or all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If using a pc, if express no longer has the option to install to card, do it via basecamp. firstly download latest maps to your pc using express, once done open base camp and connect your nav, ensure your nav and pc can see the sd card (it can ) good, now go to maps heading at the top of of your base camp window left click and highlight or tick next to your latest map version, once you have done that look down the list a little bit and you will see install maps select that, you should see the map install window open, select your card from the list (you may need to use the drop down arrow to find it).
Once selceted use your mouse to highlight the whole area you need ande then choose continue and then next window choose proceed.
NOTE if the card is not visible none of the above will work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And it is confirmed to work:

Thanks for the info Lee, I followed the instructions and started the download this morning and it has only just finished! At least it is now up to date.

Sending full map set to a clever but quite basic device, with its comparatively slow processor, will not be a fast process.

The pictures (I guess they were) seem to have got lost, at least when viewed on my iPad. I assume this might well have been when the forum was updated?

Back
Top Bottom