Merlin Outlast base layers vs Rukka Outlast base layers

Ash Richardson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Which one is best?

It's £40 difference between brands for a full set....Outlast is outlast right? or do Rukka make their base layers super turbo mint?

Also who's got them, are they comfy, do they hinder your cokadoodle dooooo etc?

Ta!

I wouldn't bother with either. Use some decent merino ones. I found these best when touring hot places. Wick moisture away and have natural anti-bacterial properties so do not smell and you are less likely to get sweat rash aka monkey bum.

Despite trying hard to get with the propaganda, I’ve yet to see any of the supposed benefits of Outlast. This includes Rukka’s version.
I find there’s no substitute for good quality merino gear, layered appropriately.

Marino great in the winter, but I have been using Proskins in the summer and they are really good. They supply the BSB riders. Not stupidly expensive either.

Thanks all,

I'm only doing short jaunts and find synthetic dries much faster, handles summer off road levels of sweating better, merino takes ages to dry and I'm not convinced its any better than synthetics when wet.

I had an outlast lined jacket and found it to be brilliant at keeping you comfortable in the UK.

I use klim synthetic spring to autumn and thick merino in the winter - I try no to get it wet!

EDZ one piece under suits for me. I have some Rukka outlast which was equally as good but it was 2 piece so Its now on the wardrobe as I much prefer the onesie

I have a load of them, until recently wore them all day everyday for very long fast riding days, dried quick and lasted very well.

I also have a few brand new Merino under suits in the wardrobe which is where they will stay, I just cannot get on with it, my skin hates it with a passion and I always ended up too hot compared to the EDZ.

Also the one piece makes it far easier getting a one piece leather suit on.

Back
Top Bottom