Norton and Mutt Motorcycles

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The new Norton factory in Solihull must be close to starting manufacture as we at RMT Motorcycle Training have been asked to provide advanced training for their test riders. We are starting this week and have given the task to one of our instructors who spent 25 years as a police class 1 rider, so they will definitely be getting top class instruction.

We have also been asked by Mutt Motorcycles in Birmingham to partner with them to do CBTs at their site using their 125s, pending inspection and authorisation of the site by the DVSA. Since the first lifting of the lockdown process on March 30th I've never known us to be so busy in 12 years that I have been doing this. Happy days.:thumb2

We are starting this week and have given the task to one of our instructors who spent 25 years as a police class 1 rider, so they will definitely be getting top class instruction.

Don’t let him loose with a camera though :D

It all went well with the Norton riders, one is an ex BSB Superstock racer. Hoping we can get to have a factory tour and maybe a ride on some of the bikes in the future.

Is this the same Norton that’s been ripping off their suppliers & customers or another company all together?

Andres

Is this the same Norton that’s been ripping off their suppliers & customers or another company all together?

Andres

Have you been living in a cave for the last 12 months Andres? The crook known as Stuart Garner has long gone and is now subject to legal action for his nefarious activities. The company is under new ownership TVS who even though they have no responsibility for Garners appalling mismanagement are doing the honourable thing in sorting out faulty customer bikes bought prior to their take over. They clearly have honour and integrity and I hope that this heralds a good future for Norton.

Have you been living in a cave for the last 12 months Andres? The crook known as Stuart Garner has long gone and is now subject to legal action for his nefarious activities. The company is under new ownership TVS who even though they have no responsibility for Garners appalling mismanagement are doing the honourable thing in sorting out faulty customer bikes bought prior to their take over. They clearly have honour and integrity and I hope that this heralds a good future for Norton.

In which case that’s a very good thing. Was Garner the only rotten apple?

Andres

In which case that’s a very good thing. Was Garner the only rotten apple?

Andres

It seemed so. Anyway TVS only bought the name and the remnants of the bankrupt business, it’s a whole new company , management team, new factory etc.

The new owners have promised to finish partially built bikes that customers had paid in full for but were never delivered , they didn’t have to do this as they didn’t inherit any of the previous company’s debt. There were even examples of customer who had sent their bikes back in for warranty work but the bikes were stripped for parts to complete other bikes that needed delivering to dealers so Garner could get some cash in. TVS have also promised to return completed bikes to those few customers who were affected by this, again something they had no obligation whatsoever to do. Some of these customers thought they had lost as much as £50,000 on bikes.

Andres

New company surely? Chinese buyer snapped up the name and rights after Garner fucked off?

I do hope they make a decent fist of things, whoever they are. I'd love to own another (decent) Norton.

It seemed so. Anyway TVS only bought the name and the remnants of the bankrupt business, it’s a whole new company , management team, new factory etc.

The new owners have promised to finish partially built bikes that customers had paid in full for but were never delivered , they didn’t have to do this as they didn’t inherit any of the previous company’s debt. There were even examples of customer who had sent their bikes back in for warranty work but the bikes were stripped for parts to complete other bikes that needed delivering to dealers so Garner could get some cash in. TVS have also promised to return completed bikes to those few customers who were affected by this, again something they had no obligation whatsoever to do. Some of these customers thought they had lost as much as £50,000 on bikes.

Ah, thanks for explaining that, in which case I wish them well, it sounds like they are doing the honourable thing and let's face it, they have some way to go to match CCM for the amount of times they have shut up shop and reemerged as a new company ;)

Andres

PS I'm not knocking CCM before anybody gets the wrong end of the stick......

New company surely? Chinese buyer snapped up the name and rights after Garner fucked off?

I do hope they make a decent fist of things, whoever they are. I'd love to own another (decent) Norton.

TVS are an Indian company Peter, the new factory is just 20 minutes away from me in Solihull.

tvs build 310 bmw gs so you know thats a good start !

Back
Top Bottom