Oil return line....

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is something loads of people are saying is giving up the ghost. It is the rubber return pipe that clamps in place, so Goodrich isn't going to be any good. What do people do about replacing it please? Are they available from BMW - my dealer is useless, everything he tries to get in is for the modern twin G650.. he refuses to acknowledge there is such a thing as a X 650..... I've given up with them.

Mr. Nicholson, you are bound to know where to get one from!
Cheers.

If it’s part 22 or part 4 on this diagram your talking about both are available from BMW for around £15 each

6b17bd930acee2d50e76b4bae139b5d9.jpg

Hose
11 43 7 713 868

Oil return hose
11 43 7 696 724

I’ve never had one fail on any of my X bikes

Thanks very much. It isn't for me, but it is heartening to know they are reliable - the facebook groups, loads of people overseas are having the same trouble with them leaking.... or breaking down. I wonder if it is anything to do with climate, or cleaning solvents used?

Could be wrong but think it's #7 in your diagram John. Replaced mine with a twin walled fuel line as original had a few cracks in it although wasn't leaking thought best to change. Hope this helps.

Could be wrong but think it's #7 in your diagram John. Replaced mine with a twin walled fuel line as original had a few cracks in it although wasn't leaking thought best to change. Hope this helps.

Same here. Done a couple. Seem to rub on the back of the spirit level housing. It's a cheap fix

Had to do #7 a couple of times over the years. Oil not under pressure but when/if it goes there's feckin' oil everywhere :thumb

:beerjug:

Edit ... Simon #7 goes from the neck of the oil tank filler to the cylinder head topmost plastic cover as a breather system :)

That makes more sense as I have had to replace a few of the part 7 lines also , I usually change it as a matter if course on any bike new to me ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to do #7 a couple of times over the years. Oil not under pressure but when/if it goes there's feckin' oil everywhere :thumb

Edit ... Simon #7 goes from the neck of the oil tank filler to the cylinder head topmost plastic cover as a breather system :)

Cheers - so fuel line will do it? Needs to be clampable.

Cheers - so fuel line will do it? Needs to be clampable.

If it is #7 you're talking about Simon, it's not under pressure, but the rubber needs to be oil/fuel resistant.

If it lets go, leaks, there will be oil everywhere. You need to clean and wipe down and then start up again to see where the oil is coming from!

Don't ask me how I know :D

It was no.7 that went on mine. Got a length of hose from the local motor factor and some jubilee clips. I think it’s 6mm off the top of my head. Only cost a couple of quid.

Did my oil pipe the other day, used fuel pipe and worked great. Need some more pipe and clips after removal of the air box to get into changing spark plugs - what a pain but can't wait for it to be done!

Back
Top Bottom