It’s that time of year again....

And I just booked a room for my wife and me at the Port Finn. I have no motorcycle, no idea what this event is, no way to get from the UK to Eire, no idea where this place is, no idea whether I’m going to fly from the US to the UK during this time due to COVID restrictions, and I can’t find the waterproof liner for my riding pants.

Sounds like fun. Bring it.

And I just booked a room for my wife and me at the Port Finn. I have no motorcycle, no idea what this event is, no way to get from the UK to Eire, no idea where this place is, no idea whether I’m going to fly from the US to the UK during this time due to COVID restrictions, and I can’t find the waterproof liner for my riding pants.

The above couple may just win first prize in the how far have you come category and may be presented on the night with their prize..... a bottle of Scottoiler oil for a GS1200...... always useful..... no really.....

The above couple may just win first prize in the how far have you come category and may be presented on the night with their prize..... a bottle of Scottoiler oil for a GS1200...... always useful..... no really.....
Guess that does it then. My handlebars haven’t been lubed in a couple years, so that’s perfect.

2 booked into Portfinn lodge. I’ll email the Leenane and book us in for breakfast and dinner as I did a couple of years ago.
Grand job Dermot, added to the list :thumb

And I just booked a room for my wife and me at the Port Finn.
You're very welcome dirty-t. We don't get as many event virgins as we used to so the initiations have been less dramatic than they used to be :yelrotflm

I have no motorcycle, no idea what this event is, no way to get from the UK to Eire, no idea where this place is, no idea whether I’m going to fly from the US to the UK during this time due to COVID restrictions, and I can’t find the waterproof liner for my riding pants.

It's an annual visit to a beautiful spot in the west of Ireland. Good food, maybe some alcohol & hopefully decent weather to ride some gorgeous roads. There's reports from previous years here so you can see what you're letting yourselves in for - https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/259-Past-Events
We're hoping the international travel restrictions will be eased / gone by then but who knows. Fingers crossed

If you're looking to hire a bike while you're here both these places are not far (relatively :D) from Dublin airport. LemonRock will even arrange airport pick-up
LemonRock - https://lemonrockbiketours.com/motorcycle-rentals-ireland/
Celtic Rider - https://www.motorental.ie/rental-rates/

Any other questions feel free to post here or send me a PM ;)

If it happens that ye end up flying into Shannon Airport and ye need a hand or help with anything, give me a buzz as I'm only 20km up the road.. .....

Me & Paula and Adam & Anne are booked in since February :D:D:D:D

Grand job Dermot, added to the list :thumb
You're very welcome dirty-t. We don't get as many event virgins as we used to so the initiations have been less dramatic than they used to be :yelrotflm

It's an annual visit to a beautiful spot in the west of Ireland. Good food, maybe some alcohol & hopefully decent weather to ride some gorgeous roads. There's reports from previous years here so you can see what you're letting yourselves in for - https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/259-Past-Events
We're hoping the international travel restrictions will be eased / gone by then but who knows. Fingers crossed

If you're looking to hire a bike while you're here both these places are not far (relatively :D) from Dublin airport. LemonRock will even arrange airport pick-up
LemonRock - https://lemonrockbiketours.com/motorcycle-rentals-ireland/
Celtic Rider - https://www.motorental.ie/rental-rates/

Any other questions feel free to post here or send me a PM ;)

Well thank you kindly, yes, I sure will. Re travel restrictions, watching closely.

If it happens that ye end up flying into Shannon Airport and ye need a hand or help with anything, give me a buzz as I'm only 20km up the road.. .....
Very kind of you to offer, emasen. Will keep that in mind.

Thanks, both. :beerjug:

All going according to plan, we are bringing our own accomodation.
Mooched a lend of my nephews camper van :beerjug:

All going according to plan, we are bringing our own accomodation.
Mooched a lend of my nephews camper van :beerjug:

Thats great planning..... what a great group..... presume you'll be going ahead of the daily rideouts and have the Teas and Coffee and bacon butties for the 50 bikes all prepared and ready for the desending hoards..... oh and the awning out in case its wet...... what organisation...... bet the camper ain't so appealing now...... hee hee!

I popped over today just to make sure everything was above board for yis!!!
078589b40012e35e2f22d6aa91ca8323.jpg

Thats a big bike..... very wide front on it!

A few of us were through there last weekend.... the place was honkin it was so busy.

Thats a big bike..... very wide front on it!

A few of us were through there last weekend.... the place was honkin it was so busy.
Yes, it's the new Panamerica
(only joking, it's not that wide)

S20 5G sent this......

Bit of a heads up, The petrol pump in Leenaun is out of action the last few days, they have converted that whole area into outdoor dining! I arrived in preying for PEtrol but no luck. Nearest spot is about 10k out the road past the hotel. 10 very nervous kilometers in my case!

Next fuel is at 7 miles away at Kylemore. Often doesn't open until 9.30am and closes around 6.00pm

Fuel in Kylemore

If it came to it we could contact Mortimers fuel station and ask them if we needed to fuel up earlier or later could they accomodate us. Himself and his son are nice people.

Due to a variety of reasons, I have decided to postpone indefinitely my UK visit. This was not an easy decision to make, and my wife is still going to visit her mum. That all said, I do have this booking at the Port Finn for this rally. Before I cancel it, I thought I'd post up here and see if anyone would like to take it over directly? Or maybe the hotel is already running a wait list, in which case I should just go ahead and cancel it with them and let them sort it out? Any thoughts?

Thanks. Next time...

Back
Top Bottom