apple airtag

finn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone using one of these as a tracker just a thought?

Good question. I was actually thinking this very same thing just last night!

Will be interested to hear if others are using them...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Good question. I was actually thinking this very same thing just last night!

Will be interested to hear if others are using them...

No one by the looks of it might give it a try

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I bought one and use it as a keychain for my home/garage keys. Seems to work ok.
You can get cheap/nice silicone holders for them on eBay.

I lost two sets of keys in the last year (my garage is up the road from where I live) hope this can help if it happens again. Even though... to be fair, it has been cheaper to replace the ignition on the DRZ when I lost the keys, than buying the airtag... :D :D :D

It wouldn't work as a tracker, because if you are moving and there is an "extraneous" airtag moving with you, your iPhone would alert you.
The airtags are specifically designed to not work as hidden trackers.

They would only work if close to other apple devices not GPS
You're right. But unlike the 'Tile' idea, there are quite a few apple phones out there, rendering it actually quite useful

I bought one and use it as a keychain for my home/garage keys. Seems to work ok.
You can get cheap/nice silicone holders for them on eBay.

I lost two sets of keys in the last year (my garage is up the road from where I live) hope this can help if it happens again. Even though... to be fair, it has been cheaper to replace the ignition on the DRZ when I lost the keys, than buying the airtag... :D :D :D

It wouldn't work as a tracker, because if you are moving and there is an "extraneous" airtag moving with you, your iPhone would alert you.
The airtags are specifically designed to not work as hidden trackers.
Interesting info. But no harm having one stashed somewhere on the bike in addition to another system... If you've got the spare cash of course

I bought one but not for my car/bike. I chucked it in my work bag and left it in the pub. Didn’t know I had until the next morning when I couldn’t find it, but it told me it was there, went to the pub and they’d put it behind the bar.

Good use of twenty nine quid.

They would only work if close to other apple devices not GPS

Isn’t everyone close to an apple device?
( For those that don’t know, the tag works by broadcasting its weak signal to a nearby apple device and that device transmits onwards )

Isn’t everyone close to an apple device?
( For those that don’t know, the tag works by broadcasting its weak signal to a nearby apple device and that device transmits onwards )

Not the shit bags who knicked it.

Plus there is debate whether find my iPhone is evidential enough for a PACE search, maybe those rossers could answer

Not the shit bags who knicked it.

Plus there is debate whether find my iPhone is evidential enough for a PACE search, maybe those rossers could answer

No is the short answer. The accuracy isn't good enough. Plus if a device is immobilised or the battery goes flat, it will continue to show the last active location, for example, on find my phone app.

No is the short answer. The accuracy isn't good enough. Plus if a device is immobilised or the battery goes flat, it will continue to show the last active location, for example, on find my phone app.
Quotes 12 months on battery life, I don't have a tracker or anything at the moment so will try it for £29 and stash it behind the lights

Well it is 29 quid. Not the end of the world.

For bike tracker: I recently received a Monimoto as a gift. Works pretty well.

Oh blimey way less than I thought! I'm going to have a closer look.

Will also look into the Monimoto. Not heard of it before.

Isn’t that just the lazy twats, just can’t be arsed? So they say that. So it was there at some point? Still not enough suspicion?

Quotes 12 months on battery life, I don't have a tracker or anything at the moment so will try it for £29 and stash it behind the lights

For what it’s worth, my bike is in the workshop at the moment. I’ve got one on my keys and one on the bike. Watched it travelling up on the truck to the dealers and then whilst it’s been there. Even saw it at after 11pm last night… not many homes too close to the workshops of Bahnstormers.

I know it’s depending on a nearby device but cheap as cheap and tiny with it.

Buy four and they work out at £25 a pop… Bargain!

Even saw it at after 11pm last night

"Find My" will always show the last known location. Keep that in mind.

But yes. For the price is a very good gizmo.

Back
Top Bottom