selling bike parts on the Ireland Forum is it OK

(RIP) philgunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
as we all know buying and selling items from the Rep of Ireland , to the UK is quite problamatic
I have come across some old BMW items in my garage , and want to post them here , (Ireland Forum) instead of items for sale in general will I get hanged ? :aidan

Phil

as we all know buying and selling items from the Rep of Ireland , to the UK is quite problamatic
I have come across some old BMW items in my garage , and want to post them here , (Ireland Forum) instead of items for sale in general will I get hanged ? :aidan

Phil

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission ......................

Put them in the usual For Sale/Wanted sections but in your ad say only selling to Rep of Ireland members.

You could post a link in the Ireland section to your ad if you want :thumb2

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission ......................
That is normally my course of Action ... but this can be a cruel place ....

but as I have been informed by one of the head honchos I will post in the normal area and get the rancour or the vast majority about post costs and customs

as we all know buying and selling items from the Rep of Ireland , to the UK is quite problamatic .......... Phil

I'm currently investigating an EU source for BM parts - Brexit has sadly driven a wedge between MotoBins / Motorworks & I - sadly as they have served me well over the years.
Anyhow it all reminds me of my late grandfather's experience in the 1930's. De Valera opposed the 1921 Anglo Irish treaty precipitating a devastating civil war - a war he lost. Ultimately he embraced constitutional democracy & came to power in the 30's. The 1921 treaty among other things outlined payments from Ireland on land annuities. Dev decided not to pay & GB slapped a retaliatory tariff on Irish cattle imports which hurt the economy here. "Burn everything British but her coal" was the populist slogan.
My grandfather worked on a large farm & his boss was an Anglo Irish gentleman. A bonus scheme saw my grandfather paid 4 pence per head of stock sold. As the price of cattle tumbled this bonus was halved. "That's not very fair" was my grandad's observation to the boss drawing the response "its not very fair at all but you voted him in". You being the plain people of Ireland & him being Dev.
You (the plain people of GB) voted Brexit in & in a strange way the economic wheel turns as it did for grandad.

Louis moto.de. Sadly my M&P Motorworks and many other sellers of things bike related has come to a brexiet halt. I honestly can’t see an upside of it. Irish dealers are not stepping up to fill a very big gap. I’d like to see the likes of Horsepower giving it another go. The sign is still there. Talking about grandparents my great grandmother who had lived for 50 years under British rule said that we Irish were better off under the British. The arts would have suffered badly. Darby O’Gill and the Little People and The Quiet Man would never have seen the light of day. JJH

Don't forget us up here

Hi Phil,
There's also us up here in Northern Ireland/North of Ireland/The North/Ulster/The Six Counties/The Wee Six/Whatever. I'm still trying to work out where we are... It sometimes looks like nobody loves us. But we still like to buy bits and store them away in case they come in handy.:augie

Hi Phil,
There's also us up here in Northern Ireland/North of Ireland/The North/Ulster/The Six Counties/The Wee Six/Whatever. I'm still trying to work out where we are... It sometimes looks like nobody loves us. But we still like to buy bits and store them away in case they come in handy.:augie

�������� JJH

Hi Phil,
:Duchess:hug

Back
Top Bottom