Modes.....update.

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After my post yesterday, no matter what I try, being able to change modes on the fly doesn't seem possible anymore on my bike.
I've since found out from a couple of people that had new engines fitted under warranty, that it no longer works on theirs either.

I can't think why this would be, but has anyone else had this issue, and can anyone explain why it might be ?

It's not the end of the world having to stop, but I'd be interested to know others experiences.

Cheers.

Is the bike still under warranty? Either way if it's had the engine changed and has been like it since maybe a trip to the dealer is the best option to see if there is something wrong with it rather than being pilot error

Try cleaning the micro switch on the clutch, this needs to work so that modes change when you pull in the clutch.

Ian

Try cleaning the micro switch on the clutch, this needs to work so that modes change when you pull in the clutch.

Ian
Thanks Ian. Will give it a look at. Seems strange it works perfectly at a standstill though .....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks Ian. Will give it a look at. Seems strange it works perfectly at a standstill though .....

I had the same problem. When standing still I assume you are in Neutral Gear so no clutch needed to change mode. Try at standstill when holding the clutch and bike in gear I expect this doesn't work.

The switch is simple to remove and give a bit of a clean, this fixed the issue when my bike would'nt change modes on the move. Good luck

Ian

I had the same problem. When standing still I assume you are in Neutral Gear so no clutch needed to change mode. Try at standstill when holding the clutch and bike in gear I expect this doesn't work.

The switch is simple to remove and give a bit of a clean, this fixed the issue when my bike would'nt change modes on the move. Good luck

Ian
Thanks Ian, appreciate it. I'll have a look when I get home .....

Guys
Mine changes mode when backing off the throttle…..

Maybe some software update changed how it works ??

Although they don't tell you, in my experience if you have throttle or brake applied the mode will show what you're trying to switch to on the dash, but then not actually 'select' it. So you have to scroll to the mode you want and then back off the throttle and brake for a second and it'll select. That would explain why you're able to select when at a standstill.

Although they don't tell you, in my experience if you have throttle or brake applied the mode will show what you're trying to switch to on the dash, but then not actually 'select' it. So you have to scroll to the mode you want and then back off the throttle and brake for a second and it'll select. That would explain why you're able to select when at a standstill.

You HAVE to have the throttle closed and pull clutch in for around 5s or it will just ignore the instruction

You HAVE to have the throttle closed and pull clutch in for around 5s or it will just ignore the instruction
NOPE, briefly, for the blink of an eye, pull in the clutch lever sufficient to operate the micro switch (about 1/3rd of its travel length) and the change is made.
Alan R

NOPE, briefly, for the blink of an eye, pull in the clutch lever sufficient to operate the micro switch (about 1/3rd of its travel length) and the change is made.
Alan R

This, and the same for disengaging cruise control with the throttle still open.

Never used the clutch just close the throttle and both my 2017 and 2021 bikes change modes.

Mine is 2014 LC which requires clutch to change modes, I think this was changed for later bikes which dont need the clutch pulled.

Ian

Not on mine (2021 1250GS) . Change mode with switch, close the throttle, changes straight away. No need to pull in clutch at all.

Either/or works. the clutch is easiest as you don't have close the throttle. You don't have to pull the clutch all the way in, just about 10mm will do it. Try it with the cruise control as you can see when the icon goes out.

Another point is that having the cruise control on does also count as throttle applied (seems kinda obvious, but took me a couple times to realise), so you have to disengage it too before the mode will change.

Back
Top Bottom