10…9…8…

shedracer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Countdown to KTM Super deals on the 1290S, seems most the dealers have atleast 5 brand spanker’s in the showrooms unsold. Very nice they are too and a couple of grand off at £13k would be a bargain :thumb:D

Think they may have dropped a clanger as all the 1290R’s are sold, although if a dealer did some nice R paint jobs I’d guess they’d sell a few more of the S’s.

Wait until the depths of Winter - first rule of buying a KTM - never pay anywhere near the list price ;)

Most dealers cant get enough of them.? we went to Redline and they quoted us 6 weeks.
Ended up with Judd in Notts

Most dealers cant get enough of them.? we went to Redline and they quoted us 6 weeks.
Ended up with Judd in Notts

Mine came Redline - they looked after me both on the part ex and the extras so certainly can’t complain

Premier have one leftover 2020 model (or did a week ago) and having ridden the new model it is not the revelation the press proclaim, they seem to have bought into the KTM media hype of 50 Gigawats Suspension ECU and RADAR cruise being essential....

...I posted more detail in the 2021 thread, but its a bit more refined in some areas and I like the extra adjustability options on the suspension etc. but apart from that a very similar machine, just did a weekend away on mine and it is an awesome machine, when I declare it is worn out / a liability I would probably go for the new one, but until then I will stick....

...Even if they have a load leftover this Xmas, need to keep mine 3-4 years / 20,000 miles otherwise all I have done is run in a new bike for someone and taken £4-5k off the price for them.

I haven't owned a 2020 model but have ridden one. It was a very good bike, fast capable and fun, but it didn't instantly make me want to swap to it. The 2021 model did. Couldn't really say why It just did.

Suggests the lots of little things I noticed, nothing could be said to be worse and lots of things could be said to be better - I think it all adds up....

...And the lower seat height and more GS like position will make any GS owner feel a bit more at home when testing one - and I really think KTM are trying hard to woo more GS owners, all they need now is better warranty and poncy coffee in the showrooms.

Back
Top Bottom