Rumour has it .......

Was looking at the new 1290R, are they that bad?

The engine is good but it was uncomfortable and the handling is not what I expected after all the hype. , the anti dive to be honest works but not as the Bm does it so it’s more of a compromise. The whole bike seems a bit cheap , but that’s Ktm for you . They make great off road bikes mind .
I could not change as it would be a down grade in so many departments, but the engine is powerful but found it lacking in the ability to put it to good use thro the chassis . Only 2 hr ride but it never got better and like I said before was glad you get back and on the Bm again as it’s a better bike . If you like to get a rush on the straights it’s the bike for you .

I think the Volvo 4 pots have a super charger and a turbo and a sort of “pre” charger to help fill in the gap.

Not sure I want a downsize if it would cost any of the low down grunt of the current engines

T5 is a 2.0 Turbo - T6 is 2.0 turbo 253 BHP ( I have one) and supercharger, over 300BHP the T8 might be a T6 with some electric motors as well as I think it pumps out over 400BHP

The engine is good but it was uncomfortable and the handling is not what I expected after all the hype. , the anti dive to be honest works but not as the Bm does it so it’s more of a compromise. The whole bike seems a bit cheap , but that’s Ktm for you . They make great off road bikes mind .
I could not change as it would be a down grade in so many departments, but the engine is powerful but found it lacking in the ability to put it to good use thro the chassis . Only 2 hr ride but it never got better and like I said before was glad you get back and on the Bm again as it’s a better bike . If you like to get a rush on the straights it’s the bike for you .

It’s strange, I saw the pictures of the V4 Multistrada and thought wow, saw it in the flesh and not so keen, saw the new HD pandemic today and thought it looked loads better in the flesh, go figure.

It doesn’t have the poise or presence of the GSA. Engine is stonking though so I guess it’ll attract those those that aren’t able to use their 1250 as it can be, or perhaps they just fancy a change.

It doesn’t have the poise or presence of the GSA. Engine is stonking though so I guess it’ll attract those those that aren’t able to use their 1250 as it can be, or perhaps they just fancy a change.

That it a very good point . A well ridden Gs is a hard bike to catch / leave behind . Well as long as your not on a straight road but that pointless , but saying that at 130 plus the Gs is very stable , unlike the Ktm , and 100 to 130 on back roads it’s sublime.

That it a very good point . A well ridden Gs is a hard bike to catch / leave behind . Well as long as your not on a straight road but that pointless , but saying that at 130 plus the Gs is very stable , unlike the Ktm , and 100 to 130 on back roads it’s sublime.

Is that the 21/18” or 19/17” wheel version?

I guess Stick you found the same as I did riding the 1290 S-D...Power is Nothing without control...;)
I hope the new GS will get at least 160 hp and of course superior TORQUE as also the ability to take advantage of the hp by being stable at 155 with bags and still be sublime on backroads :thumby:
R1350GS sounds good to me but I think we have to wait until autumn 2022...

Whatever is the 1290r like then if the S doesn’t handle??

The R is I would imagine great off road ,

I ride my GS a lot off road but if I add up the percentage of road miles to off road miles I still think I would be 75/25 in favour of the road. I think if you ride more than 50% off road you might as well buy a full dirt bike. Unfortunately for me I’m not in a position to add another bike to the garage and there is a certain satisfaction taking a big bike off road.

Loxerbust would definitely bust a nut when the R1350GS , R1350XR and R1350S is more than a rumor....:thumb
Like I said 160 HP , 150 NM , 240 kilos wet / 24 liters in the tank , 17" C-F wheels and TELELEVER :thumby:
Hope Tanneman is right for once...:D

Be surprised if it goes up in capacity,

I saw an interview with the French boss of Yamaha the other day, the biggest engine they are making now is a 900, he said the days of 1200s and 1300s are gone

Wonder if the other manufacturers will follow suit? Are the K1600s and GL1800s the last of their kind ?

Maybe just Yamahas made in France are limited to 900cc and under. Yamaha offer a number of bikes 1,000cc+ in other markets including the Venture which is over double 900cc.

Maybe just Yamahas made in France are limited to 900cc and under. Yamaha offer a number of bikes 1,000cc+ in other markets including the Venture which is over double 900cc.

Indeed, and as Flappytabs pointed out, they still sell the R1 here, I’ll have to watch the video again, one of us is tripping :hippy

Back
Top Bottom