Rumour has it .......

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
keep hold of yer panties ladies ........ the new 2022 GS is to be called a R1350GS.

The rumour mill has not said what monstrosity it is going to be but hopefully something better made than the current budget bike. We can only hope.

keep hold of yer panties ladies ........ the new 2022 GS is to be called a R1350GS.

The rumour mill has not said what monstrosity it is going to be but hopefully something better made than the current budget bike. We can only hope.

Budget bike at over £20k ? :)
Will it have 17 inch wheels and 300bhp ?

Budget bike at over £20k ? :)
Will it have 17 inch wheels and 300bhp ?

Make 'em cheap and mark up 200%.

See my comments about the the quality in the 'GS is best' thread. I had a good look at it when I took it apart. Yes, it is a budget bike (like selling Nissan Navara with a Merc badge, Toyota Supra which is actually a BMW Z4 coupe, and if you know your onions a McLaren MP4-12C is a Lotus, almost, etc etc). Even the crash bar protection welds are dressed up to look good but look a bit closer and I'm not convinced.

The rumour mill has no idea of power and weight but the name has been mentioned.

Well as long as it’s better than the 1290 s I rode today for two hours of pain , awful , cramped , handling suspect . Good side , great engine but in a shit chassis . M1390 me thinks ....

Be surprised if it goes up in capacity,

I saw an interview with the French boss of Yamaha the other day, the biggest engine they are making now is a 900, he said the days of 1200s and 1300s are gone

Wonder if the other manufacturers will follow suit? Are the K1600s and GL1800s the last of their kind ?

I saw an interview with the French boss of Yamaha the other day, the biggest engine they are making now is a 900, he said the days of 1200s and 1300s are gone

Wonder if the other manufacturers will follow suit? Are the K1600s and GL1800s the last of their kind ?

Yes agree 1300 has now finished, Gendarmerie not happy they like the 1300

This will get Loxerbust excited then................

As the biggest engine Yamaha makes is 900cc he would say that :D

They just going to turbo or super charge them like the cars?

They just going to turbo or super charge them like the cars?

Very probable, I’ve seen that some motorcycle manufacturers are developing electrically driven superchargers, (Honda and BMW I think) presumably more suited to smaller engines than traditional belt driven ones

Downsizing is definitely “a la mode” in the car industry when they’re not going hybrid, even Porsche have started putting 4 cylinder 2.0 liter turbo lumps in their boxters and caymans instead of a flat 6

I had a 1.4 twin charger Scirocco about 10 years ago and the engine was absolutely fantastic for its size

Very probable, I’ve seen that some motorcycle manufacturers are developing electrically driven superchargers, (Honda and BMW I think) presumably more suited to smaller engines than traditional belt driven ones

Downsizing is definitely “a la mode” in the car industry when they’re not going hybrid, even Porsche have started putting 4 cylinder 2.0 liter turbo lumps in their boxters and caymans instead of a flat 6

I had a 1.4 twin charger Scirocco about 10 years ago and the engine was absolutely fantastic for its size

Problem with the VW 1.4l turbo/supercharged hybrid is the engines self destructed just after the warranty ran out

Well as long as it’s better than the 1290 s I rode today for two hours of pain , awful , cramped , handling suspect . Good side , great engine but in a shit chassis . M1390 me thinks ....

Was looking at the new 1290R, are they that bad?

I think the Volvo 4 pots have a super charger and a turbo and a sort of “pre” charger to help fill in the gap.

Not sure I want a downsize if it would cost any of the low down grunt of the current engines

Back
Top Bottom